Thread: Rules, Regulations, and closed Threads!

Rules, Regulations, and closed Threads!

Rules & regulations? Closing very aktive threads?! Is that the purpose of science? and finfing out the Truth of our Universe?! Oh no! Definately not! There are no rules and no regulations...! There is no closing of Threads because someone didīnt like what someone else was saying! Absolutely unacceptable! If a thread is being actively used, it means that people are wanting to exchange their thinking and interests... That gos along with the open minded thinking of science! No one should be alaud to stop that!... when we do that... we are even being worse than Religions in the past that have blocked out any other way of thinbking! Oh no! That is not how Science works! We must always be looking for the Truth, of course backed by Fact or what we see... but every individual should be allowed to express Himself and discuss his Thinking! That is a Human Right! and also very important in the development of Tecknology and Wisdom! We must always strive to be better!, know more... etc... Are we becoming worse than the Catholic Church in the mideval ages?! I hope not! The rules must be changed! Today would be the best time! Let everyone give theyīre piece of mind... If nobody can express themselves, then how can we get smarter? We here on this website should never be accused of blocking the truth! Of coure we canīt allow "complete" noncense! I agree with that. But let us not be so extremely sensative!
    I really like the Individuals here and would be very happy to be able to continue here as a member! But if that means, surrendering my open-mindedness or the pursuit of finding Truth in the Universe, then no!...
    I am certain that if the Directors here think about it, they wilol agree and we will again be able to open up our minds in the search of truth! Thatīs what we are all loking for, isīnt it? Thank you!

and I am not necessarily against BB! I donīt rule out anything at all...

Moved!... Is that the answer? We are not open minded? Very sad indeed!

Meta-discussions (discussions about discussions) about board policy go here. Had I left your thread where you'd put it, the mod team would not see it for quite a while. Certainly not quickly enough to give you any sort of a sensible answer within an hour on a Friday night.

I'm going to get back to you in a bit (maybe only tomorrow once I can read your post with a clearer head).

I don't mind reviewing the thread closure you're talking about, but it would be very helpful if you could tell me exactly which thread you're looking to have reopened so I don't have to guess.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Meta-discussions (discussions about discussions) about board policy go here. Had I left your thread where you'd put it, the mod team would not see it for quite a while. Certainly not quickly enough to give you any sort of a sensible answer within an hour on a Friday night.

I'm going to get back to you in a bit (maybe only tomorrow once I can read your post with a clearer head).

I don't mind reviewing the thread closure you're talking about, but it would be very helpful if you could tell me exactly which thread you're looking to have reopened so I don't have to guess.
    One would reasonably conclude that he is talking about this action (IMO quite a reasonable action) in an ATM thread that he initieated.

Ah. Yeah, that would be it, wouldn't it. The action was warranted. Threads in the ATM forum are reserved solely for against-the-mainstream proposals to be tried in a mock peer-review setting.

The meat of the bargain is this: we will let you publish your original ATM idea for thirty days on our bandwidth. In exchange, you accept the obligation of answering all pertinent questions and challenges within a reasonable timeframe. If you're unwilling to meet that obligation, the board owners are unwilling to let you promote your idea here.

You are permitted to withdraw your idea at any time with no further obligation, as you have done, but such threads are closed immediately and will fall off the forum's front page in due time.

Moved: The Universe has always existed...
    Checker000007

and Iīm not saying that it was at all within the rules... thatīs what Iīm talking about... Whay areīnt we allowed to discuss anything? Who has the right to refuse us to dicuss our thinking? Nobody!?! Or not? We are all searching for the truth or not? Or am I the only one?

Oh, I see, it had been moved to ATM. Okay, what I've just said still applies, with one modification and an additional comment.

Because it was moved to ATM, the mod team recognizes that you might not want to defend your ATM idea under Rule 13, and so you're permitted to walk away from the claim (without actually withdrawing it). The distinction is a bit slim, but it's still there. Either way, if you choose to not defend it, the thread gets closed for the reasons I've listed above.

Promotion of ATM ideas is expressly forbidden in any other forum on BAUT. It's the ATM forum or not at all, I'm afraid.

In answer ti Moose... If you can tell me what was before BB, then I have no problem at all with yoīr Proposal, until then, let everyone express their Thinking... Agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by Checker000007 View Post
    Who has the right to refuse us to dicuss our thinking?
    The board owners do. Within reach of their wallets, anyway. You remain free to discuss your ATM ideas on any form of media you're paying for, or paid for by some entity that is willing to host it.

Agreed?
    No.

Iīm not even against BB,... Iīm not sure what I think... I just what to know all facts and arguments, thatīs all. I make absolutely no conclusions til Iīm sure! Thatīs Science! or not?

Really! Iīm not trying to cause any Problems! I just want to search for the Truth!

Whay areīnt we allowed to discuss anything?
    You're allowed to discuss anything, just not here.

This is a board for space and astronomy, primarily.
    Who has the right to refuse us to dicuss our thinking? Nobody!?! Or not? We are all searching for the truth or not? Or am I the only one?
    You're not the only one, which is why you can't start a discussion about an ATM topic, and then sit back and see what happens without participating yourself.

Whay areīnt we allowed to discuss anything? Who has the right to refuse us to dicuss our thinking? Nobody!?! Or not? We are all searching for the truth or not? Or am I the only one?
    The board owners, by way of their moderation/admin team, have every right to allow or disallow discussion on their website as they see fit. When you registered, you agreed to follow the rules. If you want to post whatever you wish without rules of any sort, there are forums aplenty that operate that way. Don't kid yourself, though. Those environments are rarely conducive to discussions about science. Which brings me to a point in this thread's OP, about which you are quite wrong. Science relies a great deal upon rules and regimen to facilitate discovery. The scientific method itself is a rule set.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Search away. But your options as far as BAUT is concerned are four-fold.

1) Read existing threads to learn more.

2) Post questions about mainstream cosmology in Q&A, being _very_ careful to not make ATM claims or advocate ATM positions within Q&A. And this is equally true of all forums outside of the proving grounds.

3) Make and defend an ATM proposal in the ATM forum (and if you do, come prepared.)

4) Another forum where ATM discussions are permitted.

I guess itīs because I think there are others out there that know maybe more than me... Is it wrong from me not to try to find out more? I donīt think Iīm the biggest Expert here. Itīs also not a bad Thing when very "Good" Experts also have different thoughts about everything. Thatīs what I was wanting to see... Thatīs the way new thoughts are made.

When Iīm in Nirvana, Nobody that knows anything answers ... Ok, good, I wonīt write anymore, unless somebody wants some Aktion again, then tell me!

In concusion... I am not here in support of Churches, any Theory, or anything else... "I just am searching for the Truth of our Universe". With that, I conclude my end statement, other than Someone asks me another Question? Thnks! Iīm on your side! Weīre all looking for the Truth.

Quid veritas?

Iīm sorry that I speak little Spanish! Youīre a very beautiful girl, but Iīm very sorry that I donīt understand you! Forgive me please!

... I am certain that if the Directors here think about it, they wilol agree and we will again be able to open up our minds in the search of truth! Thatīs what we are all loking for, isīnt it? Thank you!
    Your kind of search for truth is welcome here in the ATM section. Please don't try to make the mainstream sections fo the forum more turbid with your explorations.

This is the final word on this. I'm closing this thread.
    Forming opinions as we speak

and Iīm not saying that it was at all within the rules... thatīs what Iīm talking about... Whay areīnt we allowed to discuss anything? Who has the right to refuse us to dicuss our thinking? Nobody!?! Or not? We are all searching for the truth or not? Or am I the only one?
    The people who pays for the running of the website has any and all rights to define what can happen on it.
    They're Fraser and TheBadAstronomer and they have defined the rules and delegated the responsibility for enforcing them to the other Admins and moderators.

If you want a place on the net where you can say anything you want, you'll have to pay for it yourself.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Yes ok! Iīm sorry that we even got on this Theme... it wouldīnt have come to this, if my thread was left open! We must remain open minded! Thatīs very important! As long as a very strong interest exists.... there schouldīnt be any barrierers! That is not in anyoneīs interest. Nevertheless, I donīt like being presented here as the rebel! Iīm not a rebel of anything! I am still very much openminded. Well, Iīm not the argumentative type of person. With that, I wish you all a good day!
    Mathew R. Eckhardt, son from Dr. Rodger J. Eckhardt. Thank you!

Iīm sorry that I speak little Spanish! Youīre a very beautiful girl, but Iīm very sorry that I donīt understand you! Forgive me please!
    That was Latin

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Yes ok, either we end the rules or I go off anyway...! Definately! The People who own this Website should be pleased when something s going on here. If not, then I cannīt help them either. I donīt really believe that though! I think that they want normal people like me here! After all, Iīm not trying to getany Glory myself whatsoever! Iīm only searching the Truth! And if thatīs wrong, Then there is no help for Mankind! Thank you all for your Komments in both of my Threads and have a nice Day! For me itīs Night, and because of that Iīm going to bed! Anyone is also welcome to send me Private Messages.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    Your kind of search for truth is welcome here in the ATM section. Please don't try to make the mainstream sections fo the forum more turbid with your explorations.

This is the final word on this. I'm closing this thread.
    Did you forget something Antoniseb?

We all have those days. Thread closed.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)