Thread: 'Evolution' SG1- SPOILERS

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here

'Evolution' SG1- SPOILERS

Ha ha! 'Evolution part II' has aired in Britain, but won't in America until next year. It's a Queen thing.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

I have to say that Peter Jackson's team haven't got sibrel on James Tichenor! Give him the time and budget of Lord of the Rings and watch Jackson cower in submission!

It was good to finally see something substantive happening. It was the first time we really had any development since the opening of the season, but unlike that double, this didn't suffer from a shortage of ideas, poor execution, and rushed plot. O'Neill got to play Colonel. Daniel got to play archeologist. Jacob got to play Darth Vader.

We ended with the revelation that we have a new threat in these super-soldiers. Even though Carter killed the queen, that will only prove a temporary setback. Anubis will quickly find another one. And I liked the way the threat was revealed to be much, much greater than previously believed. And, the super soliders weren't just some random element brought in. The why of the issue was the Jaffa rebellion. The how of the issue of Anubis's freakiness.

We also learnt more about the sarcophagus and delivered a cool Ancient device into the hands of the Tok'ra. I'm glad we revisited Nick's work on the Mayans. We know the Mayans have been quite important since Hathor's sarcophagus was discovered in one of their pyramids. The connection grows!

I like Anubis when he makes cameos like in this one, but when he has a more major role, it's not so good. Anubis just doesn't seem so Gouldish. I'm still waiting to see Jackal guard.

The episode wasn't the greatest ever, when you compare it to biggies like 'Within the Serpent's Grasp'/'Serpent's Lair', 'Enemies', 'Jolinar's Memories'/'The Devil You Know' and 'Serpent's Venom', but it was certainly a good start towards redeeming the seventh season.

*sniff* im jelouse

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    That was the intention. :P One big happy Commonwealth! We snub everyone else.

[Sends a few troops over to gloms hlouse and taps into his cable acess.]

Dang you GLOM!!!!!!

;-)

It thought it was quite good, but the sense of menace carried by the supersoldiers should've been carried better. It would've made the sight of an army of them all the more scary.

That and you could kinda guess the army thing was coming up, they shouldn't have done that.