Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 7129

Thread: Your current weather?

Our forecast for the next week is highs of 79-82 (25-27C), lows of 59-62(14-16C), humidity of around 30-40%, with winds of 3-6 MPH and no clouds. It's so tough.

Sounds just awful Tensor. We've got around the same temps here, but a pinch of rain here and there. It belted down for a while this morning though.

9 C and a WSW wind blowing at a breezy 56.33 km/h, heavy rain showers in between the down pours.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Cool (probably 55 F), partly cloudy. Bar clouds rolling in from N - NW; means cooler weather is on the way. Still. Unsure of chances for rain; maybe 10% (which likely means none). Sun has just set (5:14 PM Mountain Standard Time USA).

Yet another day in paradise... 28 C and bright blue skies

of Greatest Eclipse, Aug. 21 2017 (Kentucky, USA)
    Two days ago, the high was nearly 80 F. Currently, it is almost freezing and my furnace just kicked on automatically. The low tonight is supposed to be about 27 F. I know it's November, but that's darn cold.

We've got 30 degrees C today, and rising 'til 36 on Thursday. Hopefully it cools a pinch for the weekend, I've got a double header of lawn bowls Saturday and Sunday.

Steady, cold rain here. Some storms late perhaps. Mostly south of B'ham

Careful there Spoons - they say that lawn bowls has the highest mortality rate of any sport - worse even than base jumping. Looks like you guys on the left coast are getting hit with another hot spell.

We are still around 28 C (a lovely 82 degrees in the old arm pit scale) with a few big fluffy clouds going by. They say we may get a little rain, which will just encourage the grass to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraveller View Post
    Careful there Spoons - they say that lawn bowls has the highest mortality rate of any sport - worse even than base jumping. Looks like you guys on the left coast are getting hit with another hot spell.
    It's true what they say. We had 4 of the ol' boys pass in the last year down at Belmont. Sad, but you come to expect it to happen. The hot days (over 35) really take their toll on them - you've really got to keep on top of it, keep them hydrated, or they'll start to flake out.

Anyway, we switched to Kalamunda. Hills folk are much nicer, not such grumpy buggers. Less punch-ups too.

We finally got a real change in the weather. Around 1:00 PM clouds rolled in from the north. We had sprinkles of rain and a bit of real rainfall, gusts of breeze. Temperature dropped about 10 degrees during. Currently it's probably 50 F. Still breezy. Low tonight expected to be 31 F.

Nasty overnight windstorm here in the NorthWet. Our power went out at 8:30 PM and didn't come back until 2:30 in the morning. I'm sure glad I got the roof fixed last spring so I no longer have to go pick up shingles.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Yet another day in paradise - 28 C again today and sunny

Tomorrow 28 C and sunny (slight chance of rain later)

Weekend forcast 28 C and sunny ... There are tougher places in the world to live.

Hey Spoons, I heard one of our less welcome immigrants showed up in WA. Yes folks there are snakes and toads in paradise...

Yeah, thanks Queensland, for your cane toads.

Might have to get the golf clubs out if they show up anywhere near me. I hate the things - they were everywhere over in Trinidad.

Oh, beautiful clear skies and 28 degrees C right now.

15. 2010-Nov-17, 02:13 AM
    Reason
    duplicate

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT.

I drove about 830 km today, and the last of it was through the above weather. Passed three wrecks, one of which apparently had 4 ambulances attend. Still winding down from the driving jitters.

Freaking winter. It has barely begun and I'm tired of it.

Lows in the 40s, highs in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT.

I drove about 830 km today, and the last of it was through the above weather. Passed three wrecks, one of which apparently had 4 ambulances attend. Still winding down from the driving jitters.

Freaking winter. It has barely begun and I'm tired of it.
    Yup, same warning here. Some folks are still without power from the Monday windstorm, too. Little or no snow expected in the Puget Sound lowlands but they're certainly looking for it up your way.

Sorry for the bad weather in British Columbia. Originally from Iowa, so I can relate somewhat.

We're sunny, big blue sky, no breeze, humidity is probably 10%, temp is probably 60 F.

Not particularly cold here, but it's been raining all day and it's windy enough to be hazardous to umbrellas. I've been tempted to break into the song "Waiting on a Sunny Day."

It's around 38 or 39 degrees C here right now, depending where you stand. Perfect day for beer. But where for out thou beer?

27 C and rainy periods - Just in time for the weekend

And just a little toastie on Spoon's side of the rock....

It is warm, but the beer fridge has arrived, and so it's perfect weather for putting that to the test.

27 and raining is lovely weather though.

Storm has passed. Driveway is shoveled clear.

Sky is clear.

-26C

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    It's around 38 or 39 degrees C here right now, depending where you stand. Perfect day for beer. But where for out thou beer?
    Only about 35 degrees here. Fahrenheit! Brr. Snow predicted. We Puget Sounders don't do well with that.

Sierra Nevadas: Rain. Rain. Snow. Rain.

That's here at ~2400 ft. elevation. Six miles from here and another 1000 ft. elevation and it's 2-3 feet of snow for the weekend.
    So many bugs, so little time.

Cold, winds calm, full moon . No snow. We don;t need no snow. We don't need no steeenkin snow .

Iiiii'm dreaming of a whiiiiite Thanksgiving...

26F here in Port Townsend, about 1.5 inches of snow in the last hour.

I find myself pretty conflicted about snow. I grew up in Montana and was used to having snowy winters. When I was in college, we had at least some snow on the ground one year from October to May. Around here, however, it's a major problem. People aren't used to driving in it and do some pretty stupid stuff. The roads become complete messes. Of course the greater population here, compared to Montana, doesn't help. And since I've lived here near 40 years, I'm not all that accustomed to it anymore either. I'm pretty happy that I retired and no longer have any obligation to go out in it.

ETA: Up to about 5" on the deck rail now. It seems to have stopped snowing but the wind has kicked up so there are still flakes in the air. There'll be an "interesting" commute coming up for those at work. Fortunately it started early enough that many folks probably stayed home. Many schools have been closed. If they had closed the schools in Montana when I was growing up the way they do here, I'd be in about the third grade by now.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 2010-Nov-22 at 10:45 PM.

29. 2010-Nov-22, 05:30 PM
    Reason
    duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    If they had closed the schools in Montana when I was growing up the way they do here, I'd be in about the third grade by now.
    I grew up in Montreal, and third grade was four of the happiest years of my life...

26 C here - and we have fluffy clouds - another fantastic day in paradise.

And one week to the first day of summer.

Rain, fog and about 0 C.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Sorry for the bad weather in British Columbia.
    Belated thanks. I should not complain. As Alan Bean said, we should be grateful that we have weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    26F here in Port Townsend, about 1.5 inches of snow in the last hour.

I find myself pretty conflicted about snow. (snip) I'm pretty happy that I retired and no longer have any obligation to go out in it.
    When it's really cold here for a few days the cold air mass often pushes as far as where you live, and I hear of you guys getting a dump of snow. I have to plan my field activities around the snow and the temperature. It was -29C here this morning, and only promising to rise to -21C. If the field work requires mostly walking with only short stops, I'll go out if it is forecast to rise above -20C. But what I have to do now requires some dexterity, (ie taking measurements without gloves on), and is fairly sedentary, so I'll wait for better conditions. It's a beautiful scene looking out the window, an absolutely brilliant sky today, but I can feel the chill as the heat passes through the double glazed windows.