Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246
Results 7,351 to 7,378 of 7378

Thread: Your current weather?

Overcast, getting ready for another auction in the morning another all day thing. They don't have many places to do the auction because of social distancing so more trips here.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I love the lulling sound of raindrops on the rooftop.

On a long, lazy Saturday morning.

Zzzzz.

Well, I had been hoping to make it to Nov. 1 to turn on the heat, but I also didn’t want to be cold, so on it went. It finally is cooling off, only up to 74F in the day and 51F at night. I have the house open in the afternoon, but it gets too cool at night and especially the morning. No rain though, tomorrow it is to get windier and Northern California is under a red flag warning (meaning a higher risk of fires starting). Might get back up to 80F or so some days this week and next, but some nights will probably go into the 40s.

I am amused that weathercasters called today a nice fall day, when I see others here with snow, while I can enjoy the weather outside in the afternoon, even getting a tad warm working in the sun.
    Last edited by Van Rijn; 2020-Oct-25 at 12:57 AM.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Overcast with rain coming tonight, a perfect day for a vampire like me to go to the provincial service center to get my license renewed. while the temporary one the permanent will sent to me in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    I love the lulling sound of raindrops on the rooftop.

On a long, lazy Saturday morning.

Zzzzz.

What I love is your art! Thank you for brightening my day!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Overcast again got some rain overnight, brought in some wood and got the mail today.

This morning I wore a sweater while bicycling to work. Summer is finally over.

Yep, here it got down to 45F last night. I stepped out briefly this morning with just a light shirt and it was actually cold. Afternoons are ranging from 70F-80F for now, but I give that maybe another week or so before it goes to 50s-60s in the day. I know it doesn’t compare to places that get extended freezing weather, but it gets cold enough here for me, especially when the fog rolls in.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

We had our first real hint of the coming summer yesterday. The temperature range was from just over 17 C (63F ) to to just under 36 C (96F). The temperature has dropped a lot today with some heavy cloud cover.

Sunny, clear and cold. I day to put the lawn chairs away and maybe wonder in the woods. We did get one pumpkin but I don't know if I am going to brother carving it this year.

After getting another inch of rain and high winds from Zeta we're into a cooler/dryer slot now. No frost yet but close in the upper 30's at night for a few nights and then warming up a bit. We're 12 inches above the average annual rainfall now.

Rain today having a quiet day, here is a video of a quick walk in the woods yesterday.
    https://youtu.be/JyIc-Jq-pKo

Back on July 8, 2020, Michael Mars filmed a twister within walking distance.

Just saw some snow mixed in with the rain, it melted quick but I reminder winter is coming.

Another day getting to 81F, nice and warm, and I’ve enjoyed being able to go outside and do some yard work in comfortable weather, with the house open in the afternoon. But, it is supposed to drop at least 20 degrees during the day tomorrow and there is a chance for rain. Rain is needed, for sure, but it is likely little or none will fall here for now at least, and I’ll miss the nice weather. It is probably the start of the cold, damp phase of weather here.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

20 C and clear skies.

Apparently, weather systems that made much of the Eastern US unseasonably warm made the Western US cold. I went from days getting up to the 80s last week to 50s this week, and it dropped a little below freezing last night, and has been just a few above other nights. Freezing nights are quite unusual this time of year, and may cause the loss of lemons on a lemon bush in my yard. Still no rain, though.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Rain. We've had about 0.72 inches so far today here in northern California. I'm feeling a little less stressed about fire season now.
    So many bugs, so little time.

Got 3 inches of rain here yesterday, that makes it 15 inches over the annual average now. Our warm spell is coming to an end, no more 70's in sight but still no first frost in the forecast either which is ~3 weeks overdue. A nice coolish dry spell ahead which gives me more time to keep painting the garage (1 side down, 2 to go). The 4th side is under a leanto so it's still in good shape.

Windy!

There is actual rain today! There were a few sprinkles one night in the summer, when even that much is unusual, but the last real rain here was in April or early May (I don’t recall specifically). Sometimes we get real rain on October or even September but November is when the rainy season really gets going here.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

oops, an update here, we will get down to 30F by next Weds morning so that should mark our first frost date of the season, but at least we'll be drying out for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Windy!
    My deck chairs were rearranging themselves!

Windy, but clearing after a day of cloud and rain. Have to go and get the mail and probably bring in some wood but there is no chance of me walking down a ramp in the dark helping to move a seven foot high china cabinet,

Around 0 C today and aw a few flakes of snow while going to get the mail, and had to put the winter tires in the car so they can get changed tomorrow.

The best description for our recent weather is simply "November".

Chilly and sunny here today but nice enough outside to continue scraping, cleaning, and caulking up the old garage window & door for more painting on Fri/Sat when temps return to the mid 60'sF. A month to go before winter starts up...

Today we got some now just a couple of millimeters but rain and light snow over the next couple of days.