Page 145 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 7380

Thread: Your current weather?

LookingSkyward is offline Honored Member
    Forum Welcomer Emeritus
    My power was fine Treb missed out on the Port Townsend outage. I have a generator for the well & the greenhouse, and a small one to run my office (and ham radio). We pretty much ignore power outages at my house

Oh, THAT P-Town. I'd have been astounded if the microwave hadn't been blinking when we got here. It was. I verified that it was safe to come by calling a neighbor. They didn't answer, but their answering machine did. That was sufficient confirmation the power was on.

If we ever get around to building the dream house here, it'll have an integrated generator, powered by propane.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Oh, THAT P-Town. I'd have been astounded if the microwave hadn't been blinking when we got here. It was. I verified that it was safe to come by calling a neighbor. They didn't answer, but their answering machine did. That was sufficient confirmation the power was on.

If we ever get around to building the dream house here, it'll have an integrated generator, powered by propane.
    ETA: Interestingly, a little bit ago our cable TV went out. I called the company, and a recorded message said they have an outage due to a local power failure in our area. What I find really interesting and surprising is that their internet, notoriously unreliable, is working great!

We dodged a shovel last night. We were initially projected to about 4 inches of snow, which was later revised to 1-2". We got a dusting. Barely 1/8". But they're calling for rain/snow later, along with strong winds. "Woohoo!" sez The Wife. (about the wind)
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

We're back to calm, warm (60 F), and sunny. Usually gets breezy around Thanksgiving (days ago). Picture-perfect day.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Got an inch of rain here today, the killing freeze (27F) that I've been expecting will be here by Monday morning. The fall veggies won't mind it but the remaining flowers will take a final hit. I feel your pain to those of you in the PNW area, getting lashed by hurricane force winds without the hurricane just doesn't see fair.

It's actually been sunny some of the time today.

We had been having a dry year, then November came along. Now we're above the average rainfall for this time.

It's cool here but still above freezing , but I did see a logging truck go by today that had snow covered logs on the trailer. So there is snow higher up in the hills somewhere.

My sister-in-law is STILL without power from Tuesday's storm. That's what can happen when you live in a remote area. The TV showed a bit of the massive damage to trees and wires along the road leading out there.

She texted my wife that it was 24F there this morning. That may mean broken pipes when it warms up. I'm glad I drained our outdoor water yesterday.

Survival means ...." Planning ahead, planning ahead " . Jim Crocket , 'the Victory Garden' .

As a bit of a contrast to the weather problems in the recent posts, we in Perth (Western Australia) are expecting a maximum of 36C (97F) today. This follows a temperature of 39C (102F) last Saturday. Luckily the humidity is, as usual, very low - about 13% - so it is a pleasant warmth.

We are off to an evening BBQ at my sons house - his birthday.

I played 18 holes of golf yesterday. It was kind of cold (in the high 40s F), especially due to the wind. It's currently 25 F (-4 C). That's too cold for golf.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

I shoot golf in the low 70's. If it gets any colder I quit.

(Now THERE'S an oldie for you!)

First snow of the season! A wet, gray day otherwise. Bad driving conditions (car or golf).
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Blizzard during the night, we had a few inches and then the rain came and cleared the horrid stuff away. It has been bitter cold -3.4 'C today. I hate winter.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Not fun. I think the slipping and sliding is the worst, outside of the biting cold.
    35 f tonight, tomorrow .... 52f rain during morning, clearing in the afternoon. Could be worse.

In Ireland its raining, and no doubt I could post this comment most day and I would be correct.

I sometime wonder should I take up Meteorology instead with all the clouds my telescope sees

Absolutely lovely in the Puget regions yesterday. Cold, but sunny with blue skies. After last week, I'll take that any time.

Super incredibly gorgeous in Lincoln City, OR over the weekend. Saturday it was in the mid 50's and crystal clear skies. 10 degrees warmer and it would've been a nice summer day!

Good timing! You've just been to the shortest river in the USA. Or maybe the known universe, I forget. Shortest name, too.

Well shoot. Wiki says it's not the shortest any more....

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Good timing! You've just been to the shortest river in the USA. Or maybe the known universe, I forget. Shortest name, too.

Well shoot. Wiki says it's not the shortest any more....
    I told my wife they named it the 'D' river because it was too short to give it a full name...

More dang wind yesterday! Not as bad as last week but our power was out all evening.

Any more wind your way Treb? Clear and calm here for the last couple days...and COLD (by our standards - below freezing overnight). Air stagnation advisories in effect. I'm hoping we don't have a burn ban - I love a nice 'real' fire in our fireplace - but I won't be surprised if one is put in place soon.

Nope, perhaps a bit breezy but mostly sunny and cold. We love our Port Townsend, place, which looks out over the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but it does get windy. I once used Google Earth to draw a straight line -- actually a great circle -- to see where the next significant land was looking down the Stait from our place. It was Taiwan.

59F , a light hazy sky, light breeze , no snow to shovel. All is right with the world.

I'm thoroughly a northwesterner now, I guess. I went in to a Mexican place for lunch. They asked if I wanted to sit in the dining room or lounge, so I said "Dining Room". But upon going in there the sun was too bright so I sat in the bar instead. The couple behind me did the same thing!

" Used to the grey skies are you? Remove to the bar you are. Strong is the force within you. " Yoda or somebody like him.

Today forecast starts with rain turning to snow, while I will be moving furniture for someone.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

45 F, partly cloudy , and windy. But no snow

For several days it was so cold in the mornings that I had to wear a sweater to bicycle to work. I didn't need a sweater this morning.