Page 12 of 259 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your current weather?

32? Luxury. We've got 20. Yikes.

Dan

Dan, I "don't do" 20.

I sleep with my window open at night and I found my "blink point" is 42 degrees. Then I can't sleep and I have to close it. The head of my bed is under the window, which is usually on the lee side of the building relative to the prevailing winds. What I call "beer cold".
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    Dan, I "don't do" 20.

I sleep with my window open at night and I found my "blink point" is 42 degrees. Then I can't sleep and I have to close it. The head of my bed is under the window, which is usually on the lee side of the building relative to the prevailing winds. What I call "beer cold".
    I can only guess you guys are speaking the Olde language...

Is 32 here

C that is.... 23 at night - windows open / fan on....

(translation: 32 = 89 F , 23 = 73 F)

And Big Don - Beer cold for me is 4 C - although it can be a degree or two colder if required... Think I might just have one by the pool tonight... Thanks for the great idea...

Traveller, four degrees F and beer makes your teeth hurt.

I played golf the weekend before last. It was cold. High temp was about 44 F. Yesterday? Heh. No golf. Lots of snow. This morning is about 16 F. More snow on the way. And windy. Gusts to 45 mph. Well, it is December in the Wild West.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

There was a light dusting of snow in and around Sacramento CA last night--barely noticeable around my neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by jaksichj View Post
    There was a light dusting of snow in and around Sacramento CA last night--barely noticeable around my neighborhood
    There was even less for us. Looks like this storm passed well to the south. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
    So many bugs, so little time.

It's about to get interesting here. (Well, for me.)

The high tomorrow is going to be a dour eleven degrees farenheit with a windchill of around -5 to -11. Snow and blowing snow is very likely, yet only around one to two inches. But seeing as I live some distance out of town, those one to two inches of blowing snow can really impair visibility on these rarely maintained roads. The wind can pick up from a 12 mph. breeze to a sudden 25 mph gust pretty easily.

weather.gov refers to this as "blustery."

I'd say so.

I'd also trade these winters for the gloomy, week-long rains of the pacific northwest any day. Any time I see snow in the forecast I start to miss them.

We got a little dusting of snow last week, and more last night, but nothing that's really stuck yet.

Got down to about 13F Saturday night whilst I was sitting outside Barnes & Noble. ::shiver:: Luckily, though, there was no precip and very little wind.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

My current weather is snow. This is the first real snowfall of the season in my Ontario city, but the temperature is slightly above freezing so the snow is not staying on the ground for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelHS View Post
    My current weather is snow. This is the first real snowfall of the season in my Ontario city, but the temperature is slightly above freezing so the snow is not staying on the ground for too long.
    Which Ontario City is that Laurel? I used to be a Scarberian myself at one point - winter and snow was a big reason for my move to Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar
    I played golf the weekend before last.
    I had a great round this last weekend myself - in Shorts and a polo shirt... The only difference in golfing in the winter here is you generally wear long pants - but still just the polo shirt... But we are eight days into summer right now. Looking forward to a lot of golf over the christmas holidays.

It rained in Phoenix yesterday. My sweater got damp. More rain is expected today.

Well, I guess it was worse overnight. I just heard on the news that 250,000 people woke up with no electricity this morning.

Well it was clear and 32F all night last night. Thank God there was no wind. My apartment is drafty. I gotta fix those plumbing gaps. I've got the stuff to do, (two years ago) it's just that I'm too lazy to pull all the stuff out from under the sink and cabinets.

As it is, my wall heater is struggling mightily and I still have a space heater on in my bedroom, where I'm typing now.

Dipped below 20F here last night. Some lingering snow and ice from yesterday afternoon's sudden snow squall.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraveller View Post
    Which Ontario City is that Laurel? I used to be a Scarberian myself at one point - winter and snow was a big reason for my move to Oz.
    Kingston. Today there is more accumulated snow, because it snowed for awhile last night, and it's still cold, but the sun is beautiful.

Cold, overcast and very windy!
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Gettin better.... 40 and 5 kt wind, bright sun. Tolerable.

Dan

Brrrrr! In the low 20's F overnight. The great northwet is all froze up. But at least it's sunny.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

It's 1 PM and only 42F.

Well, I found out what all the metalic tinkling and pinging sounds keeping me awake last night were. All the local brass monkeys undergoing thermal-based spontanious orchidectomies.

Last night it got down to -6C in Tualatin, Oregon. It's 2:54 PM and only 0C and sunny. The forecast for tonight calls for a low of -9C.

Currently -18C.

It was -29C on Saturday morning. Decided it was time to dig the block heater cord out from behind the bumper of the vehicle. At least I didn't have to replace the plug on it this year.

Ooof. Warm November, where did you go? Why did you abandon me?

It was -25C in Winnipeg this morning. 3 hours away at my parents' it was -35C.

Bah.

Eek, I hope all our neighbors to the north get through this storm moving across.

Here in South Florida, we are expecting a record high of 86 F/30 C.

snowing, almost horizontal and a balmy -5 C.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Hi, I've got 6 inches of wet snow I have to move before it freezes solid!
    Hate it. Ice belongs in a cool drink,...and not in a driveway.

Dan

Brisbane is recording it's hotest year ever in 2009.

And December is turning out to be the hottest on record so far (only 10 days in.) but so far we have topped 35 C (94 F) three days, and have topped 30 (86 F) every day... Good I have acces to a pool - although the pool is 32 C, is still quite refressing to sit in it with a cold beer in hand...

Well there's my problem....here I am just a bit above Paradise (California) and it barely topped 32F today.

We're 250 miles south of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and it's maybe 45 degrees with a brisk breeze (wind chill might make it feel 32). Okay, that's not cold to some folks (wouldn't have been to me either 15 years ago, when I moved down from the Midwest). But I've acclimated and it's chilly.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.