Page 11 of 259 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Your current weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Wow, Chrissy, I hope those horrible winds have died down in your area!
    It has died down finally, and now we had rain all day, however tomorrow it is supposed to be frosty but the sun is going to join us too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    I've only witnessed that once in my life: 1998 near Albuquerque, New Mexico. The entire day was a constant unpredictable run of everything but snow. It was wild and beautiful to behold!
    I have witnesses that in April, I was away camping, the temperatures were hot, hot, hot then woke up the next morning with 5ft of snow, it was a shock to the system to say the least...this was *cough* a long time ago.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Well today we have had our first frost today, I had to de-ice my car this morning which nearly made me late. It is a lot colder now..
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Hi Chrissy, It's quarter after one AM local and it's 48F with a steady ten mph wind and clear sky. For me that's a bit *brrrrrr*.
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Hi BD, it is cold here again the temperature is around 4 C....Brrrrrrr!

Tornado threat in the Deep Gulf South
    http://www.srh.weather.gov/bmx/
    http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...101111&loop=no
    http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...ornado+Warning

http://www.stormtrack.org/

Quote:

"Tornado watches out with notifications of extreme shear bumping up EF2-EF5 probabilities, although individual tornado threat as a whole is listed as isolated. If one happens, in other words, it'll be a significant one."

"Currently seeing the strongest language I've ever seen for a severe thunderstorm warning in Mississippi"

It's gonna rain!
    So many bugs, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    It's gonna rain!
    That's always a safe forecast around here at this time of year!
    If you can see Mt Rainier, it's going to rain.
    If you can't see Mt. Rainier, it is raining.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Sunny here. Calm/still. Temperature probably 60F.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    That's always a safe forecast around here at this time of year!
    If you can see Mt Rainier, it's going to rain.
    If you can't see Mt. Rainier, it is raining.
    We've actually had some rain already this year here in Northern California, but it looks like the rainy season may be starting in earnest. Sure beats the fire season we have the rest of the year!

Around 78 right now, going on 80. Clear sky. Night: 71 degrees expected. Clear sky. Weather should be stable for several more days.

Had about 20 cm of snow the other day. It was about -13C this morning, presently -3C, so it looks like winter is settling in and the stuff might be here till spring.

Got a pretty chilly 39 last night but we warmed up to 74 this afternoon. Nice fall weather.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tinaa View Post
    Got a pretty chilly 39 last night but we warmed up to 74 this afternoon. Nice fall weather.
    I've seen several versions of that AE quote Tinaa.

Maybe some storms here in a few days. Until then, I will have to make funnels like this
    http://gizmodo.com/5409414/creating-...-a-soap-bubble Cold front chilling Alabama this friday.
    Last edited by publiusr; 2009-Nov-23 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Had about 20 cm of snow the other day. It was about -13C this morning, presently -3C, so it looks like winter is settling in and the stuff might be here till spring.
    That sounds lovely. That's not sarcasm, either, I really mean it! Sounds like just the kind of weather I like.

It's 1C here right now, still and damp. Better than further south - Cumbria in England and Galloway in Scotland have been badly hit by flooding (8ft deep down the town centre standard of flooding), and sadly a police officer died when a bridge collapsed.

We've had some record-setting daytime highs here lately. The long term average for this time of year is about -2, but we had some highs of around 15. Some of the golf courses are still open, which is unheard of at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianachan View Post
    That sounds lovely. That's not sarcasm, either, I really mean it! Sounds like just the kind of weather I like.

It's 1C here right now, still and damp. Better than further south - Cumbria in England and Galloway in Scotland have been badly hit by flooding (8ft deep down the town centre standard of flooding), and sadly a police officer died when a bridge collapsed.
    Cumbria's woes and pictures of that bridge have made it into our news too. I see the Pineapple Express that hit our coast made it into some UK news sites too.

We have warm weather for the season. In fact, I played tennis outdoors on clay courts today. It was 16 degrees Centrigrade.

Here is the sun setting in Lugano (from my balcony...)

The rain has eased up today and yesterday it was just foggy with a light drizzle. I bet it rains again tomorrow and the traffic comes to a stand still again. Need webbed feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother Dunk View Post
    We've had some record-setting daytime highs here lately. The long term average for this time of year is about -2, but we had some highs of around 15. Some of the golf courses are still open, which is unheard of at this time of year.
    We play golf all year round here in Goldilocks land (queensland - Aus) But you do have to watch out for Kangaroos on the course - 2 stroke penalty if you hit one....

A sunny and blue 28 C right now (82 F) heading for a sunny high of 30 (87 F). With more of the same for the rest of the week... Summer is coming - Aussie summer starts on December 1st...

November's been stormier and wetter than usual here in the Pacific NW. Not a lot of our usual days of drizzle, but lots of wind/rain storms lined up in the Pacific and hitting us one after the other.

Gale force winds hit us last night and more strong winds are forecast for tomorrow and yet more rain..

25 C during daytime, but gets down to about 20 C at night. Mostly cloudy skies, pretty clear nights, accompanied with some wind.
    Of all the sciences cultivated by mankind, Astronomy is acknowledged to be, and undoubtedly is, the most sublime, the most interesting, and the most useful. For, by knowledge derived from this science, not only the bulk of the Earth is discovered, but our very faculties are enlarged with the grandeur of the ideas it conveys, our minds exalted above their low contracted prejudices. - James Ferguson

The first snow of the season is now underway here in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

There's a moderate to strong sou'westerly veiling the moon with high haze, only three or four of the brightest stars are out. With the wind this frisky the rain can't be far behind. Mild for November. That's a Hammer props department moon isn't it? Waning, gibbous and baleful.

Last night it was as cold as... well...as cold as something really cold. It dipped down to the mid 40's and of course Palm Bay was the only city in Florida who didn't cancel the Christmas Parade. Not that I really wanted it cancelled, per say, but it has been raining since Thursday and they talked about the cold front that was moving in after the rain. The air still felt wet and I had three children with bladders of children and did you know that cold actually shrinks the bladder? The line for the bathroom, inside Dunkin Donuts was longer then the coffee/hot chocolate line. I do suspect that the line for the bathroom were all recent residents of the coffee line.

Snow down the the 500 foot line tonight. (I'm at 35 feet) Bitter sleet coming down ATM. Glad I'm indoors. It's only 5:30 PM local and it's pitch black outside, not even any twilight.

Woo hoo! I think I'll allow myself a hot buttered rum tonight! (A little later)
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

The weather forecasts call for snow in the Central California valley early tomorrow morning...near Sacramento CA...if not before midnight tonight?
    Last edited by John Jaksich; 2009-Dec-07 at 01:28 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling

"Truth is the daughter of time, not of authority."
    Francis Bacon

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself
    George Bernard Shaw

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. the foundation of such a method is love."
    Martin Luther King

I'm at 2400 ft (foothills North of Sacramento). Our forecast is for 1-3 inches of snow by tomorrow night. The forecast for the next town up the road (~3200 ft) is 3-6 inches. I've learned to watch both forecasts and plan for the worst of the two. We've just had flurries so far this evening.

Currently, in our area... the temperature is 32 degrees. An overnight low of thirty. Chance of freezing rain, seventy percent.