Page 101 of 259 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 7769

Thread: Your current weather?

More snow expected tonight. Whee.
    We had wonderful halos (by day) and light pillars (at night) the day before yesterday. Didn't get any good photos, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    ...and here I thought it would have someting to do with rain beetles.

RAF runs very quickly and hides in all the overgrowth cause by the rain.
    No worries. Few people understand the obsession some of us have with rain beetles. Certainly not my wife! They're an acquired taste, after all...adding a little garlic and butter doesn't hurt....
    So many bugs, so little time.

Well it's another lovely summer day here in the northern hemisphere. Sunny, very warm, dry.

It's gotten far too monotonous.

I want clouds, cooler temps, rain.

It is December 8, right? I'm not reading the calendar wrong?

Ridiculous! I'm putting up/decorating the tree tonight; seems more like I should be preparing for Trick or Treaters...

How about a little compassion from those of you posting your weather in a more temperate climate.

It's down to -21C here(about -6 American) but it's going to climb to above freezing next week, I prefer when it stays below zero in the winter, all the yo-yoing makes it hard to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by starcanuck64 View Post
    How about a little compassion from those of you posting your weather in a more temperate climate.

It's down to -21C here(about -6 American) but it's going to climb to above freezing next week, I prefer when it stays below zero in the winter, all the yo-yoing makes it hard to adjust.
    But it's almost impossible to get into "the holiday spirit." I'm originally from the upper Midwest of the US, and my "season sense" is really out of whack.

We do need clouds and rain (ongoing drought conditions). The change in weather would be wonderful. Seriously, I'm thinking Halloween is coming up; not Christmas.

p.s.: The plastic North Pole elf on our roof fell over an hour ago (wind). I wonder that were a suicide attempt on its part; maybe feels humiliated being set up "in summer"??

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    But it's almost impossible to get into "the holiday spirit." I'm originally from the upper Midwest of the US, and my "season sense" is really out of whack.

We do need clouds and rain (ongoing drought conditions). The change in weather would be wonderful. Seriously, I'm thinking Halloween is coming up; not Christmas.

p.s.: The plastic North Pole elf on our roof fell over an hour ago (wind). I wonder that were a suicide attempt on its part; maybe feels humiliated being set up "in summer"??
    My sister and her husband are heading down to Texas to spend Christmas with their youngest daughter and her husband, he swears they always bring the cold weather with them so be prepared.

My sister and her husband are heading down to Texas to spend Christmas with their youngest daughter and her husband, he swears they always bring the cold weather with them so be prepared.
    I'm 50 miles north of Texas line, but yeah -- bring it. And rain too! Lots of it.

Heh heh. Yes, the yo-yoing is tough on the pavement too. Meltwater gets in the cracks in the road, and refreezes. Potholes everywhere.

We had -20C late last night, but it had warmed up by morning. One of my daughters agreed to help me finish a project in the field today (easy Christmas $ for her). Glad we went, as it turned out to be quite a nice day there, warming up to maybe -5C.

Small, fast moving twister swept by Birmingham today:
    http://www.alabamawx.com/?p=66574

Odd weather
    http://coolwx.com/extreme/
    Last edited by publiusr; 2012-Dec-15 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Heh heh. Yes, the yo-yoing is tough on the pavement too. Meltwater gets in the cracks in the road, and refreezes. Potholes everywhere.
    We have two seasons here, winter and road construction, as soon as it's warm enough the crews are out rebuilding the roadways.

As forecast, it's above zero here today.

Warm and sunny.
    Warm and sunny.

Repeat 50 times.

Christmas? That's still 2 months away, right?

Monotonous.

We have a chance of clouds/rain tomorrow. I hope so, because the monotony is getting on my nerves.

Perhaps we could work out some sort of exchange, living in central Alberta at this time of year is kind of exciting figuring out what level of clothing to wear to avoid freezing.

Bit warmer today, -5C.

Perhaps we could work out some sort of exchange, living in central Alberta at this time of year is kind of exciting figuring out what level of clothing to wear to avoid freezing.

Bit warmer today, -5C.
    Tell you what:

Let's both go outdoors after you read this, and swoosh the weather to each other's direction with energetic arm movements. That'll make warm/sunny go to you and clouds come my way.

Deal??

I'm currently at the downtown library, but I'm sure I can explain what I'm doing to any bystanders or law enforcement officials who may be present.

I'm currently at the downtown library, but I'm sure I can explain what I'm doing to any bystanders or law enforcement officials who may be present.
    It worked! Clouds moved in overnight, it rained, pavement still wet (it's very dry here and moisture doesn't "hang around" long). Went out (6:40 a.m.) to enjoy the clouds, humidity. More rain on the way.

Thank you starcanuck64!

(Even if this IS coming from the SW and therefore couldn't possibly originate from Canada )

I'm glad you got some moisture, we get droughts here at times and it's sobering to see how everything drys out over the months.

I'm glad you got some moisture, we get droughts here at times and it's sobering to see how everything drys out over the months.
    We are supposed to have regular rainfall from early December through mid-February. That was *the* pattern as I knew it for years. But this ongoing drought is tough. Likely we will have another totally sunny January (which is bizarre). Our "summer" extended well into November, and no doubt it'll be "summer" again in 2 months. Sure, some people would love that (and it keeps the heating bills down)...but it's disorienting. That wasn't the case even for here, for years (noticeable, if mild, seasonal changes).

The weather here this year was strange. It was hot for most of the summer with few of the usual breaks of cool wet weather and went straight into winter within not much more than a week, it was hard to adjust. T-shirt weather on Oct. 1 and below freezing by the 10th.

It's going to be interesting to see what having a mostly ice free Arctic Ocean at the end of summer is going to do to the weather. So far it seems to increase variability.

Skies clear, temp 29F , wind calm, fair viewing for Geminids.

It's actually raining here off and on, but I doubt it will be enough to keep this from being the driest year on record around here.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

Raining since last evening, ever sinc the hospital brought me white noise machine and i set it to "rain!"
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Just started to snow...
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Mostly overcast. Chilly; high probably 45 F. A nice amount of rainfall in past 48 hours. No breeze.

Significant wind storm passed through last night, with a 60mph gust reported at the airport about 10 mi. from where I live. Luckily my power stayed on. Typical snow forecast for this time of year tonight: elevations above 200 ft might see wet snow, and the 'convergence zone' might see 1 - 4 inches. Which of course means everyone's in a panic because they think we're all gonna be snowed in till April...

LOL. April.

We might see 1-4 inches come Thursday... or we might see 14 inches, and with a lot of wind, it all depends on the track. Someone's gonna get blizzard conditions within 100 miles of us. Either way the roads will be open again by Friday, assuming they close at all.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

After three inches of rain on Sunday, we have had two great days of brillant blue skies, low humidy, moderate temperatures and almost no pollution here in Houston.

Cool, 48 F. Strong winds, gusts to 40 mph. Sand and dust blowing/drifting. High thin clouds.

This should be rain, not wind.

Cold this morning...27 degrees.

Froze my donuts....no, really...I went to buy donuts, and it was cold.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

It was 23F at my place, but we're in a sheltered ravine so it can be cooler here.

As for the donuts, sounds like you went to Dolly Subzero....
    So many bugs, so little time.

This is why heated car seats were invented.