Thread: My new avatar

Deleting messages

I'm not seeing a way to delete posts. I accidently double posted this one.

My new avatar

It's a little hard to make out details of my new avatar, so here's a larger version. I've got to stop drinking that damned absinthe.

report it or send a mod a pm, they are the ones who can do it for you.
    *press the red triangle* it isn't a self distruct button
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

I wouldn't press the triangle - it's for reporting spam, advertising, and problematic posts only. Just PM a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    I wouldn't press the triangle -
    I have to say from experience that pushing the self-destruct button works for most administrative problems. Just be polite about it.

Is it up for comments?

*Look, if I move my tongue here, this eye goes red and white*
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PraedSt View Post
    I have to say from experience that pushing the self-destruct button works for most administrative problems. Just be polite about it.
    I have taught you well young Jedi!

I think your dog is a terminator unit, Eric. One of those robotic canine machines designed to not bark whenever Arnold shows up looking for John Connor.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

You have indeed Master

Oops..Mistress...

*wonders if I have the last post here to win*

"Dude, I'm tellin' you -- catnip isn't just for cats. No wonder they call it Meoui Waui, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by eric_marsh View Post
    It's a little hard to make out details of my new avatar, so here's a larger version. I've got to stop drinking that damned absinthe.

I is dah BORG!

Quote Originally Posted by PraedSt View Post
    Oh, there's nothing wrong with it, I just try to keep it for only the more urgent problems, as IIRC, it sends an email to all the mods.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with it, I just try to keep it for only the more urgent problems, as IIRC, it sends an email to all the mods.
    It can, but only if that option is set in vBulletin's admin control panel. Some admins e-mail all mods and admins, some just the mods, and others, no email.

A PM is the better choice as you don't run the risk of e-mailing all the mods and admins if that's the setting they've chosen.

Post reporting is usually reserved for the more flagrant violations of rules.

So...

What poisen did you use on Fido?

I wouldn't press the triangle - it's for reporting spam, advertising, and problematic posts only. Just PM a mod.
    Reporting this sort of things is fine - it's better than PMing a moderator who might be on vacation.

Oh, and threads merged.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

So what's the fascination with absinthe? I hear it's anise based.. eww! There's rumours of it being illegal.. and there are places where it's not, or maybe it is.. HELP!

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    So what's the fascination with absinthe? I hear it's anise based.. eww! There's rumours of it being illegal.. and there are places where it's not, or maybe it is.. HELP!
    Absinthe is actually wormwood based. Van Gogh drank the stuff. I've always wondered if Starry Night is how he actually saw things after an absinthe binge. Kind of reminds me of eating acid....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by mugaliens View Post
    So...

What poisen did you use on Fido?
    That's how he normally looks. Somewhere between goofy and insane.

Did I say anise-based? Oh my, I did! I meant anise-flavored! The keys are right next to each other!

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice