Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Share Your Art Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I also think I made the skirt a tad too short...[...]...I think I will get rid of the bustline trimming
    Er, no. Most definitely no.

These are really good Tom. Best of luck with the venture!

As per request by Jokergirl I will post some preliminary costume designs for one of my characters. I am hoping to complete a comic and get it published and make millions of dollars. Well at best I would be extremely happy to just have it published (I pretty sure I will have to make the millions of dollars some other way seeing as the current comic book market has gone down the drain since the early 90s) Im really getting serious about making this thing. Just dropped a lot of money on a Cintiq and couldn't be happier.

Line art done in Manga studio and coloring done in Photoshop.

I dont want to give away too much of the story yet (seeing as how it keeps getting rewritten every day just about)
    But, its going to be in the anime/manga style. It is taking me forever to get it completed. But I do have a lot of design work completed though. The hardest part is writing out a story that translates well to panel to panel artwork and isn't boring.

I keep getting hung up on the little details. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist. I want it to be perfect. So I keep going back and redesigning things and before I know it all I have done is just redesigns. I really need to just stick to something and go with it or it will never get done.
    Excellent artwork, have you considered if finding an author to collaborate with might be the way to go?

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Wow, those are cool, very professional. I assume her wings are part of her body, not the clothing. And is it your intent that they are completely hidden until exposed?

She does appear to be a little thinner in the last two pictures, and I agree, I think just slightly too thin.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Great artwork! I always envy people who can draw Manga well.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

I appreciate you nice comments

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    Excellent artwork, have you considered if finding an author to collaborate with might be the way to go?
    Well I have not yet. I do have a friend who writes scripts for movies and have asked him to help but lately he has been busy with other things. I'm pretty sure I can get it done with the help of my wife and her suggestions, only problem is she too is extremely busy trying finish her college work. I too am working a lot lately and trying to help her with her schooling is the priority at the time. Once she is done she said she will help me full time with my project.

I really wish I could hurry up and just win the lottery so I can quit working and work on my hobbies full time. Stupid lottery odds being unrealistic. I guess everyone wants that too.

SWIFT I assume her wings are part of her body, not the clothing. And is it your intent that they are completely hidden until exposed?
    Your correct, its her wings not the clothes. She will be basicly stuck on earth with no way to get back to heaven. So she has to blend in. Her wings will only magicaly sprout or come out when she needs them. I've got lots of cool fight scenes stuck in my head. This outfit is actualy just her angel outfit she arrives in and uses in the heaven realm. Eventualy she will wear normal clothes after realizing she is not in regular attire.

As per request by Jokergirl I will post some preliminary costume designs for one of my characters. I am hoping to complete a comic and get it published and make millions of dollars. Well at best I would be extremely happy to just have it published (I pretty sure I will have to make the millions of dollars some other way seeing as the current comic book market has gone down the drain since the early 90s) Im really getting serious about making this thing. Just dropped a lot of money on a Cintiq and couldn't be happier.

I dont want to give away too much of the story yet (seeing as how it keeps getting rewritten every day just about)
    But, its going to be in the anime/manga style. It is taking me forever to get it completed. But I do have a lot of design work completed though. The hardest part is writing out a story that translates well to panel to panel artwork and isn't boring.

I keep getting hung up on the little details. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist. I want it to be perfect. So I keep going back and redesigning things and before I know it all I have done is just redesigns. I really need to just stick to something and go with it or it will never get done.

Without further ado I present Kami the pink haired guardian angel character from a comic that hopefuly will be coming to a comic store near you someday. She is one of the main characters.

My first outfit design that I actualy liked and have based all variations off this one.

Small changes moved waist height belt to the belt line. Also see what she looks like with her wings out. And finalized the hairstyle I wanted.

Yet more small changes. Trying to see what she would look like with a pleated skirt. Also added an open back design (my thinking is when she opens up her wings I dont want it to tear her dress, Possibly a little fan service too, But I dont want it to be all about that). Sitting poses are hard to get right.

This is a different idea I had about some various detail work on the outfit. I like the effect but I think it may be to tedious to do.

I like this one but then again I look at it and think "man I think I drew her too skiny here." Changes are added a heel to leggings to give it more detail. And made arm things blue with a green jewel on the back of the hands. I'm pretty happy with the arm things at this point.

I think this is going to be the finalized outfit. I also think I made the skirt a tad too short so I will probably make a few more pictures before I get it just right. I think I will get rid of the bustline trimming. I also made the material on the hands white and arms blue kept the jewels.

The redesigns are endless. Ugh and this is just one character.
    Any suggestions?
    I like the gauntlets either in plain white or all blue in pictures 4 & 5, do the jewels have a purpose or just cosmetic?
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

There has been some awesome art here lately. My recent art work has been in the area of music. Here is my latest. Enjoy. (hope the link works)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveySlim

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense View Post
    There has been some awesome art here lately. My recent art work has been in the area of music. Here is my latest. Enjoy. (hope the link works)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveySlim
    The song is great. The video was just OK.

Cool I like the song, it was great Uncommonsense.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    The song is great. The video was just OK.
    Thanks. The video was not supposed to be good. Youtube wont let you post audio alone, so you gotta do some kinda video. I could have done just nature stills, but I wanted to look stupid cause stupid gets hits on youtube. I will be posting about another 10 to 15 songs and i will make sure the videos are dumb. Its all about the songs cause warner chappell is looking for hits on my songs in consideration for publishing deal, so I need as many hits on my channel to get their attention. Tell all your friends! Look for more songs in about a week, including a Haiti relief fund raiser.

Thanks all.

Good luck with the published deal. Please keep posting the links.

Thank you again. You guys/gals inspired me to finish my charity post. I obtained the url "www.thesongforhaiti.com". I wrote and recorded a song that is viewable on youtube and will soon be downloadable at thesongforhaiti.com for a VERY small fee - all proceeds to American Red Cross marked for Haiti relief. I just got the song posted on YouTube. Please check it out and spread the word.
    Thank you all so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3PiqGQLiKg

Tom Servo - those drawings are very nice! You'll have to let us know when your work is available somewhere - if it becomes available over the next I'd be interested to order a copy.

And uncommonsense, same to you! I'm looking forward to getting home so I can here those tracks you've linked to. Similar to the stuff you showed me before? Those were nice! It's a nice gesture doing the Haiti track too. (I'll load the tracks up on here now and see if I can sneak a listen, but at least it'll get teh hits on them. )

ETA: Whoa, I could only have the sound down real low, so I was sitting on my desk hunched over teh computer speaker trying to listen, and from what I heard, VERY NICE!
    Last edited by Spoons; 2010-Apr-12 at 06:35 AM. Reason: post-joy commentary

Lovely character design, Tom Servo!

I think you should really get down and do a storyboard for the first episode... maybe just a summary... but anything to get the story out of your head and on to the paper!
    Nobody expects perfect storytelling in the first episode - but it should get you started.

uncommonsense - I'm going to post the youtube links on my facebook page, along with your other track, and if you don't mind I'd like to urge our fellow BAUTizens to also do so if they've got a facebook account.

If for any reason you object let us know.

I really like these tracks - keep doing what you're doing! I hope you get that deal, you're a darn good musician.

Without further ado I present Kami the pink haired guardian angel character from a comic that hopefuly will be coming to a comic store near you someday. She is one of the main characters.

The redesigns are endless. Ugh and this is just one character.
    Any suggestions?
    Tom I love the work. My only suggestion would be adding some ribbons to the top of her boots, or lacing running up the sides. From the images you posted I get a flowing, moving air feeling from her (flowing hair, skirt, wings, etc). I think if you added in something like ribbons or lacing flowing in the wind it would enhance that feeling of movement.

By request, here is my latest audio visual piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz5WsvHEYZM

Enjoy!

Indeed, Tom, those are works of art.

Now I see that attachments are attaching again, let's continue sharing the art....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fe707wc..jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	12822  
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Stregone, those are beautiful. Is the color actually photographed from the background of whatever the water is moving in, or were they added "post-production"? I'd say the 4th and the last are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Stregone, those are beautiful. Is the color actually photographed from the background of whatever the water is moving in, or were they added "post-production"? I'd say the 4th and the last are my favorites.
    Thanks! The colors were there except for the 2nd one. On that one I changed the dull dirt orange stream bottom to red to go with the heart shaped bubbles.

Fantastic photos Stregone! (My favs are the first and last ones - the colour is beautifully striking in that first one.)

I just got a Pentax K-x yesterday as a birthday present (aren't family wonderful!) so maybe one day I'll be able to share some pretty photos here too. Photography can make for a wonderful mixture of reality and art.

Great texture shots, Stregone!

I always find it incredible how much beauty can be seen in the little things around us ever day if you only take the time to notice them.

Indeed, Rommel. I just realized that a bush on the street corner near where I live is blooming with cherry blossoms and went out to photograph it.

Some sketches of my most recent MMO character... just sketches, but I liked the inking. The anatomy, on the other hand, is atrocious. And I have to remember not to add background shading like in the picture on the right before scanning. The markers didn't blend well and it looks iffy. Now I'm gonna have to photoshop it all out...

Very nice Jokergirl. You're right, there is something not quite right about the hands, but you did a good job on the feet on the left character.

Hands and feet are the hardest things to get right on character drawings. That's why you'll see so many beginning artists who "cheat" and find ways to not have to draw them; long robes, only draw the character to the knees then have standing behind something, have hands behind the back or holding objects, etc.

Then you'll have intermediate artists like me that know it's bad to hide those features, so instead I include them and they look horrendously wrong. Hands especially; if one can draw good, expressive hands, it makes a world of difference. Alas, I never could get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    Hands and feet are the hardest things to get right on character drawings. That's why you'll see so many beginning artists who "cheat" and find ways to not have to draw them*; long robes, only draw the character to the knees then have standing behind something, have hands behind the back or holding objects, etc.

Then you'll have intermediate artists like me that know it's bad to hide those features, so instead I include them and they look horrendously wrong. Hands especially; if one can draw good, expressive hands, it makes a world of difference. Alas, I never could get it right.
    *oops. I reread this and sort of thought it sounded like I was calling you a beginning artist, Jokergirl. The statements above are not meant to describe you! Just a general commentary from my art-school days.

Heh, and here I thought I was getting pretty good about the hands (though I tend to destroy them in inking by virtue of being impatient) but the feet irk me...

I used to draw a lot more but it's hard to find the time these days - hence why I am making an effort. I'm getting back into gear, but I can tell I'm rusty.