Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $44.6b

Quote Originally Posted by TrAI View Post
    Hmmm... Haven't really bothered to look into the whole HDTV racket, but I do not see why it would be harder for the card to provide video for a 40" than say a 30" screen, as long as both have the same number of lines...
    Regular every day HD video, there wont be much diffrence...

It's when the card has to render the image for a huge display, if you don't belive me... go ask someone really into PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbread View Post
    Regular every day HD video, there wont be much diffrence...

It's when the card has to render the image for a huge display, if you don't belive me... go ask someone really into PC games.
    I can't ask anyone as I do not understand why you think it would be harder to render the image for a large display than for a smaller one.

I would't think it matters much to the videosource how large the screen really is, I hardly think it would even know, it would have to pump out just the same signal for a small display as for a large one.

analog vs digital to the display.

lines vs pixels per inch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_resolutions

It's not really the size of the panel, it's the higher native resolutions they will have.

Just wondering how many media players will fail the "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille" Test, at these higher resolutions.

Drainbread, I'm not following you, either. The original statement you made that TrAI responded to was:

Quote Originally Posted by drainbread View Post
    Within a year there will be video cards powerful enough to push 40in 1080p LCD screens in non SLI or Corssfire configurations in the sub $300 range...
    What TrAI is wondering is why a 40in 1080p screen would require more power on the video card end than would a 30in 1080p screen or a 20in 1080p screen. But I'm guessing that's not what you meant, because it doesn't make sense to me, either.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn