Thread: No Forum post announcements...?

No Forum post announcements...?

I just noticed I don't seem to be getting notices when messages are posted to forums I'm subscribed to - is this something anyone else has noticed lately? My last notice is from the 15th of August...and no, they are not being filtered by SPAM rules, either.

Just checking to see if it's a problem with the board or on my end somehow (I just checked and my settings are set for "Instant" notification by email, and the email addy is correct as well).

Hmm. Not even a moderator reply...?? C'mon, I can't be the only one with this problem...can I?

I think it pretty much depends on who uses the feature. I don't, so I don't have any idea whether it works or not.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I don't use it either. I'm not well versed on the technical aspects of the board. Weekends tend to be slow here. I'll try subscribing to a thread to see if it works.

Thanks! Would be interesting to know how it goes, Tinaa. I think it's a default setting, actually - when you post to a thread, you get subscribed to it and get notices when there's activity after you've posted (though it may be a question asked when you first sign up - I don't recall any more).

I did subscribe to a thread with instant email notification. It worked for me.

Hmm. I wonder why it's not working for me then.

Thanks.