Thread: a riddle...OFF THE WALL RIDDLE

a riddle...OFF THE WALL RIDDLE

your in a room...the room has 6 surfaces(DUH) it is a cube...concrete. no windows no doors no NOTHING AT ALL. no vents, no trap door. all you have in the room is a table and a mirror. how do you get out of the room?

you will never in your life-span guess the correct answer...

Fun-n-Games
    Word games, math games, logic games, fun games, not-so-fun games... this is where they go!
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

I swap places with my mirror twin. Admittedly I'll still be in a concrete room, but it will be a different one.

I use the mirror to concentrate gamma rays given off by the table, turn green, grow ten feet tall and bust through the wall.

How do I know there is a mirror? Where is the light coming from that lets me see that it's a mirror?

Reincarnation.

Q installed the table with a concrete wall busting laser. I use the mirror to admire my reflection before stepping out the hole.

The fact that I can see that one of the objects with me is a mirror despite the fact that there is no light source in the room makes me realize I am in a universe where magic works. I cast a spell to remove myself from the room, but after only spending a considerable amount of time entertaining myself with umm... entertaining things I had summoned.

I break the mirror and that causes the bad luck of a meteorite hitting my room, freeing me. I then get run over by a military transport.

Trapped in a room with only a table and a mirror I would have no life. Logically, that which has no life can not die. Therefore I wait for erosion to free me after a period of several thousand years.

Something like this?

You look in the mirror to see what you "saw", take the "saw" and cut the piece of wood in half. Put the two halves together to make a "whole", and then just crawl out through the "whole"

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Something like this?

You look in the mirror to see what you "saw", take the "saw" and cut the piece of wood in half. Put the two halves together to make a "whole", and then just crawl out through the "whole"
    lol. so tell me. who told it to you before?

I ran into it a while back. I don't think it is a particularly good riddle, more of a word game.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I ran into it a while back. I don't think it is a particularly good riddle, more of a word game.
    i agree.
    but its a hard one

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post
    I swap places with my mirror twin. Admittedly I'll still be in a concrete room, but it will be a different one.

I use the mirror to concentrate gamma rays given off by the table, turn green, grow ten feet tall and bust through the wall.

How do I know there is a mirror? Where is the light coming from that lets me see that it's a mirror?

Reincarnation.

Q installed the table with a concrete wall busting laser. I use the mirror to admire my reflection before stepping out the hole.

The fact that I can see that one of the objects with me is a mirror despite the fact that there is no light source in the room makes me realize I am in a universe where magic works. I cast a spell to remove myself from the room, but after only spending a considerable amount of time entertaining myself with umm... entertaining things I had summoned.

I break the mirror and that causes the bad luck of a meteorite hitting my room, freeing me. I then get run over by a military transport.

Trapped in a room with only a table and a mirror I would have no life. Logically, that which has no life can not die. Therefore I wait for erosion to free me after a period of several thousand years.
    you know there is a mirror in there b/c i told you so :P

I always get a little bit annoyed by the riddles that are things like:

My uncle is a butcher. He is 6 feet 2, wears a size 11 shoe, and his waist is 38 inches. What does he weigh?

It's not really a good test of how smart you are, but requires a good comprehension of the vagaries of the English language. Kind of like the joke, which may not be all that funny.

Farmer 1: I have a goat with no nose.
    Farmer 2: Oh, really? How does it smell?
    Farmer 1: Terrible.
    As above, so below

Hehe, you beat me. I knew that from when I was about 10. (yeah a century or two ago.) It ranks (either meaning) right up there with Eating Dates from a calader, drinking water from a bed spring, drinking a bear and driving off in a jaguar.

And the classics mostly from Benny Hill:

What' the difference between a duck?
    What's the difference between a pea and a beer? About 20 minutes.
    What's the difference between a vitamin and a hormone? Not just anyone can make a vitamin.
    Can you walk from Paris to Shanghai without passing water? Not with my kidneys.
    Our water is safe for drinking. It was passed by the heath inspector.
    WET PAINT (this is not an instruction)
    I'm Not Evil.
    An evil person would do the things that pop into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tog_ View Post
    What' the difference between a duck?
    One of its legs is both the same.

I tracked a bear from my tent the other day while I was out camping. I followed it south for two miles and then one mile east whereupon it slept for ten minutes. When it woke up again I followed it south for another mile and then west for two miles.. At this point I gave up and walked north for three miles back to my tent. What colour was the bear?

Quote Originally Posted by worzel View Post
    ... What colour was the bear?
    White.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    My uncle is a butcher. He is 6 feet 2, wears a size 11 shoe, and his waist is 38 inches. What does he weigh?
    It's not really a riddle, but I like to say to people, "Hey, you know what I heard?"

They say, "No, what?"

I say, "Sheep."
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

I was surprised that the room didn't also have a cask of Amontillado.
    How unthoughtful of the host.
    Forming opinions as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    Oh sure, but when I made a joke like that at work, no one got it.
    I'm Not Evil.
    An evil person would do the things that pop into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I always get a little bit annoyed by the riddles that are things like:

Ooh! Never heard that one before, but allow me to hazard a guess.

He weighs meat?

Quote Originally Posted by johnathan View Post
    your in a room...the room has 6 surfaces(DUH) it is a cube...concrete. no windows no doors no NOTHING AT ALL. no vents, no trap door. all you have in the room is a table and a mirror. how do you get out of the room?

Dig, using fashioned implements from the table and the mirror. Human flesh regenerates. Concrete does not. Assuming food/water supply continues, human wins, concrete fails.

OK - SO WHAT'S THE "CORRECT ANSWER?"

And if it's a 24" thick, steel-reinforced concrete wall, I think I could, given enough desire, break through that in less than 24 hours.

Of course, survival school is but one of several eye-openers...

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    Or Amaretto!

Quote Originally Posted by Tog_ View Post
    Oh sure, but when I made a joke like that at work, no one got it.
    Yeah, I have the same problem...

I also liked this answer

"Look in the mirror to see what you saw. Take out the saw, and use it to cut the table and form a bat. Take three swings at nothing. Three strikes and you're out."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post

Reincarnation.

I laughed uproariously at your answer! Extremely funny! Wonderful sense of humor!

Do delusions of grandeur ever plague you?

What I want to know is how I got in there in the first place?

My answer, I get out the same way I got in.

It's a women's joke. The solution is, you simply ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    I also liked this answer

"Look in the mirror to see what you saw. Take out the saw, and use it to cut the table and form a bat. Take three swings at nothing. Three strikes and you're out."
    So far, I think this is the most creatively successful solution I've heard to date!

You take the cubic root of the room and step over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by mugaliens
    And if it's a 24" thick, steel-reinforced concrete wall, I think I could,
    given enough desire, break through that in less than 24 hours.
    That makes perfectly zero sense to me.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Looked in the mirror and saw
    Took the saw, cut the table in half
    But table back together to make whole
    Crawled out hole