Thread: So, where are you going to be for doomsday?

So, where are you going to be for doomsday?

Well, it's about time to be heading for the hills. I just thought I'd ask where ya'll are going to spend the last moments of the world as we know it.*

Me? Well, since I'm living on one of the most geologically active islands in the world, and just about at sea-level as well, I figure my goose is cooked anyway. So I'm just going to keep on like I've been doing and hope the pole shift comes while I'm sleeping so that it doesn't ruin my day. :-)

What about you all?

*hypothetically, of course

Hopefully be here. LMAO (Laugthing my A** off) :-)

Well i am worse off for flooding Dave. Gainesville, Florida is only about 350 ft above sea level if i remember right. One good thing, Telahasse, FL (the home town of our college rivals) is ony about a 100 ft above sea level. so i get the pleasure that they will go first. :-) j/k

But if i am not here, i will be cowering in my bunker (read: cardboard box on the ground floor of my apartment building)

this all assumes that something non-existant can actually kill us.

[spelling]

I guess I'll go up into the Surrey Hills. There's an old RAF airfield there and some bunkers. Hang around in there, dodge the nesting bats. Once its all sorted, I'll form my own post-apocalyptic biker/dune-buggy gang and go pillage what's left of Tescos supermarket Glad I watched all those Mad Max films...

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    I'll pillage what's left of MVC in Watford for Stargate DVDs.

I remember that Martin Luther once wrote to Spinoza(?) that he enjoyed having sex so much that he hoped that's what he'd be doing when the 2nd Coming occurred.

Raiding supermarkets and hiding in cardboard boxes seems to pale in comparison.

We're at about 1300 feet, so I'll stay here and ride it out. Just watch for disoriented pigeons to signal the beginning of the pole shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Glom
    I'll pillage what's left of MVC in Watford for Stargate DVDs.
    Really? Only if you let me take the contents of Gamestation, then. I figure there's got to be enough Gameboy Advance games and batteries to keep me amused for a while.

I'll be at the theater watching Xmen and Matrix. If we have earthquakes it should add to the special effects nicely

My oh my... Did someone spend too much time in #zetatalk?

Well, first thing's first Ė save my priceless butterfly collection. If I can't save that, then my life is meaningless anyway*. Then I'll probably raid a hanger nearby, and get myself some altitude (Memo to self: buy Microsoft flightsimulator 2003, and learn to pilot all commercial jets available). After I got my butterflies high in the air, Iíll probably go for the highest mountain, and eject myself with my precious possession (who wants to learn how to land planes???)... Right after that, Iíll go ahead and build myself a four ~ five star lodge, and would live happily ever after with my 70 wives, whom Iíll use to repopulate the earth.

Also if I manage to get some guns, Iíll definitely declare my mountain a country. My flag will be a giant boob and "g0t mielk?" in small letters. Also Iíll declare a war on the mountain nearby and will try to chemically pollute it to my best abilities.

Man i love pX! :]

*First thing will of course be an angry mail to the bad astronomer, saying something about his oversized relatives. But that's a given... =)

I will be taking my cat to the vets.... What a way to spend your last day on Earth :-?

Apparently some folks in Japan will be being arrested for their own safety.

White cult on the move as doomsday approaches (Full Article)

"In Oizumi, Panawave Laboratory members are constructing dome-shaped structures, which they claim to be resistant to any kind of natural disasters.

The cult's publications indicated that its members are convinced that the human race will be destroyed on May 15 this year because of a dramatic change in the angles of the Earth's axis."

Let's hope it's not Nancy's Planet X they're afraid of. This could be the first signs of what I feared most.

I can't think of it being anything else. I mean Nancy came up with May 15th and the axis tilt... or maybe there's another apocalypse scheduled for that day too. :roll: Lets hope nothing major happens.

Another story about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/2991439.stm

These guys are a little psycho...

Japanese newspapers said that a pamphlet issued last year by a religious cult that evolved into Pana Wave Laboratory said that if its leader died, its members would "exterminate all humankind at once".

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMc
    Apparently some folks in Japan will be being arrested for their own safety.

White cult on the move as doomsday approaches (Full Article)

Let's hope it's not Nancy's Planet X they're afraid of. This could be the first signs of what I feared most.
    Oh wow. That just has to be Zetatalk-inspired. AFAIK, no-one else has stressed May 15. If so, what's scary is that these guys have not been a visible component of Nancy's nutty cult. How many other crazy little enclaves are there out there?

Oh, and let's hope none of them have been stockpiling Sarin gas...

I'll be at work. I have no life.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    I'll be at work. I have no life.
    Me too. Uh at work that is...

In school. Man, i'm gonna die doing math.

I'll be at work but I booked a vacation and airlines tickets for May 16th. I feel great in the knowledge that no PXers will be on my flight since they wouldn't have bothered buying airline tickets for the 16th. :P

Hmm busily trying to get a project finalized for one of the nuke plants I work for.
    May as well try to go out as many ways as possible.
    Death by earthquake(s), exposure to high amounts of radiation as the containment vessel and spent fuel pit rupture (from afore mentioned earthquake(s)), and then explosive decompression as we all get flung out into space when earth's rotation stops.
    Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, and drowing since there's a dam immediately upstream that's sure to bust.

Failing all that, I'll go enjoy the house we just bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kidd
    Hmm busily trying to get a project finalized for one of the nuke plants I work for.
    May as well try to go out as many ways as possible.
    Death by earthquake(s), exposure to high amounts of radiation as the containment vessel and spent fuel pit rupture (from afore mentioned earthquake(s)), and then explosive decompression as we all get flung out into space when earth's rotation stops.
    Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, and drowing since there's a dam immediately upstream that's sure to bust.
    Failing all that, I'll go enjoy the house we just bought.
    Here's what I told my friend who kinda belives the PX stuff. He'll surivive the massive floods that will wash away the nearby town, he'll survive the terrable earthquakes that will destroy every standing building, he'll surive the poles swaping and the drastic tempature changes that follow.... then he'll trip on a rock in his front yard, fall down and break his neck.

Ack, sometimes I can be down right not nice ops:

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKC
    Here's what I told my friend who kinda belives the PX stuff. He'll surivive the massive floods that will wash away the nearby town, he'll survive the terrable earthquakes that will destroy every standing building, he'll surive the poles swaping and the drastic tempature changes that follow.... then he'll trip on a rock in his front yard, fall down and break his neck.
    One of the Far Side cartoons that has always made me chuckle is the one showing a man and wife in a bunker, mushroom clouds rising all over the surface. Shelves lined with cans of food, and she's screaming at him for forgetting the can opener.

I'll be at the worst place

Well, I'll be in India for Summer break. By the way thats a very strategic location Nancy chose; India. Because about 1 billion people live there and therefore if you submerge it under a plate They all die.

( Nancy said all of India will Submerge and southern Texas)

I live in Houston and will go to India. Dam I feel lucky. :wink:

Have we settled on a final date yet? Let me know when it is...

Everybody's talking as if it's May 15. If it's any time before 6PM I'll be at work. After that, I'll be assembling Hub'ble Jr and K1K camera to try and photograph the lunar eclipse that night.

...gonna be just my luck, X will zip between everything and screw up my pitchers... :x

Now, I am going to a friends place on the 10th to see a couple of fine movies, Matrix (2) and X-Men (2) and I would not at all like it if the earth decided to stop rotation at this time. Ha. :-?

The 15th is the night of the lunar eclipse and by golly I will be home in my 2000 ft in the sky place in good ole dried out Texas and will watch the moon. If it is blood red, we will just have to have a bar b q and a few beers.

Have seen a lot of stuff in the sky in my day and this is something I don't want to miss.

So where is the red cross in the sky that is supposed to be getting us all ready for the end of civilization as we know it, as if a Planet X was needed for that! Ha

I'm going to borrow a pile of money from some loan sharks and gamble it all away. After all, none of us will be around later so I won't have to worry about paying it back.

I'll be at work...

Well someone's gotta pay the public servants who survive! :wink:

At work :-? , or if the world has ended, seriously annoyed

Greenhalgh... Sad, isn't it? The pace of modern life has become so hectic, that we even have to schedule our apocalypses, and two on one day? What a screwup! May 15th just isn't going to work for me, busy day.We'll have to arrange another.

Dam it i got school....even during the end of the world i cant get outta Biology geeze

It's the same day Matrix Reloaded comes out isn't it, well the world better not end until about 2:30 AM!