Thread: Introductions forum

Introductions forum

Howdy! TauCeti here, Just joined and like to introduce myself, but I can't find the fourm.

Well, how 'bout that it went there automatically
    check back later, gettin' late

Welcome to baut

We don't have an introductions forum... Intro's usally go into BABBiling

Hm. Might it be a good idea to sticky the intro thread in BABBling?

Thread moved.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Hi,

I am 65 and semi-retired. Ex-nuclear reactor operator, owned and operated my own research and development corporation for years.

While I am not degreed I have had (4) years college in mechanical, electrical and nuclear engineering with post graduate process control systems training.

I have my own ideas regarding gravity and a few other things but none that have been fully tested and accepted (yet ).

I have been a member of several other sites and generally have had to endure the brunt of offended relativists. One site recently found my views of sufficient challenge to actually open a special subforum where I held a formal debate with an active Phd Particle Physicst from Fermilab.

That was an excellent experience. The following were some comments made by the physicist.

********************* Extract *************************

There are two issues here. Your original question, which was posed in Euclidean space. In this space, the speed of light is constant and matter may not exceed the speed of light. It's a good question, I like it.

....... the debate has been an interesting one and you have clearly mulled over what appears at face value to be an inconsistency of SR.

So back to your original query. It's cute, I like it. I may well use it to torture cocky graduate students.

Regarding reciprocity…probably not. It takes up too much time (in part because your conundrums are good ....

First, let me say that the conundrum posed by Mac was a rather good one, the solution of which is non-trivial.

On the other hand Mac, the query you posed was good enough to stump a number of my colleagues.

He ultimately defended relativity but had to conceed several points. i.e. -

1 - While SRT mandates non-superluminal motion it also causes it.

2 - If traveling at a high relavistic velocity away from earth and then accelerate that the faster you receed the closer you get.

I have choosen to introduce myself in this manner in hopes that we can have serious discussion of aspects of relativity which appear inconsistant with reality and do so without the typical innuendo, rhetoric, etc.

PS: I can recommend the "Formal Debate" format. The subforum had a parallel thread for members to comment on or question the debate but the debators could not post in that thread until after the debate and members could not post in the debate thread.

Dan K. McCoin
    Last edited by MacM; 2006-Mar-13 at 02:15 AM.

Welcome!

We've got a whole forum for ATM ideas/theory's- the formal debate is the only way to go here, anything else (not anwering questions, excessively bad logic, or ad homigen's) could get you Banned...

but that aside- welcome to BAUT, be sure to check out the other forae too cause the ATM is above me so I'm not around mcuh there

Hello, I also could not find out how to write to the "introduction forum", and an attempted quick reply to BAUT came back even more quickly to say it couldn't be accepted.

Songfish is low-toned.

8. 2006-Oct-25, 08:24 PM
    Reason
    Spam not permitted

9. 2006-Oct-25, 08:28 PM

Reason
    Spam not permitted

Hi

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm a newbie, but not when it comes to Astronomy.

11. 2007-Jul-21, 06:07 PM
    Reason
    Violation of rule 6: promotion of ATM web site.

12. 2008-Apr-03, 02:57 AM

Reason
    Asked and answered

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hillman View Post
    [M]y browser is currently displaying a message saying in part "Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum." I couldn't find any such forum but using the internal search tool brought me to this forum.
    Welcome to the BAUT Forum.

That being the case, perhaps this message can herd people in a slightly better direction (though ideal would probably having the first-post message point to the better place). I would suggest this topic, currently stickied to the top of the Off-Topic Babbling: Introduce Yourself!. It's what is used most for the purpose. But, posting within this topic is fine, too. Posting anywhere is all right, for the purpose of getting that first howdy out of your system and that nag-message off your back.

Have fun.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Cool Introducing Star kid Galaxia

Hello everyone! I was abit unsure where to introduce myself,seems to be abit of confusion, or it could just be me being an airhead. This seems like a alright place to start.
    Im not a rocket scientist that knows big words and stuff. But I am super curious and love to learn. Ive been reading the forums and everything was so interresting to me so I descided to join in. I might have many silly questions that you can trust I wont be shy to ask. I also have a crazy imagination and sometimes wonder if anything I think of is possible. So my questions might be abit out of this world. Please be kind if I sound like a 5 year old at times. Im just exploring my mind and others, hoping to learn alot from everyone. One day I hope to become a super genius and maybe the president of my country.

Talking Heres Johny!!!

Hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Star kid Galaxia View Post
    Hello everyone! I was abit unsure where to introduce myself,seems to be abit of confusion, or it could just be me being an airhead. This seems like a alright place to start.
    Im not a rocket scientist that knows big words and stuff. But I am super curious and love to learn. Ive been reading the forums and everything was so interresting to me so I descided to join in. I might have many silly questions that you can trust I wont be shy to ask. I also have a crazy imagination and sometimes wonder if anything I think of is possible. So my questions might be abit out of this world. Please be kind if I sound like a 5 year old at times. Im just exploring my mind and others, hoping to learn alot from everyone. One day I hope to become a super genius and maybe the president of my country.
    Welcome to BAUT StarkidGalaxia.

It's always good to have Iceperations.

Ha! Iceperations! what a wonderful term. Thank you for the welcome. Today I learned about nebulas and that stars are created there and the nebulas can be as vast as many light years! wow! thats so cool.

Hello everyone! I was a bit unsure where to introduce myself...
    Not sure how you missed it! It's stickied right at the top of this forum! Titled "Introduce yourself".

Welcome to BAUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    Not sure how you missed it! It's stickied right at the top of this forum! Titled "Introduce yourself".

Welcome to BAUT!
    I missed it too. I think I introduced myself in the CT Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    I missed it too. I think I introduced myself in the CT Forum.
    From you, that's not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    From you, that's not unexpected.
    We all bear our burdens. I looked for the Introduction thread, but I couldn't see around your beard.

22. 2009-May-15, 03:44 AM
    Reason
    Violation of rule 6: promotion of ATM web site.