Thread: From the Director's Keyboard: Call to Action - Hangout-a-thon, Oct 23-24

Exclamation From the Director's Keyboard: Call to Action - Hangout-a-thon, Oct 23-24

Director's Notes: JD 2459498.5

Fall is in full force here in the midwest. Rain is pouring. Leaves are coloring. Random bugs are trying to winter in my windows (old farmhouses have some interesting seasonal issues).

October 1 brought the start of our new fiscal year, and as I look at budgets, this year's Hangout-a-thon looms large in my mind. We need to raise at least $20,000 to be able to scrape by on restricted hours. We need $40,000 to maintain what we have, and in that impossible world of dreams, we need $200,000 to do everything right and offer everyone the hours they want to grow their positions to their full potential and present their work at conferences.

If every single person who receives this newsletter donated just $27, we'd hit that $200,000 mark.

Would you please donate $27?

I know most of you won't. It's reality. And this is why October 23-24 we are going to host a 36-hour fundraiser, our annual Hangout-a-thon. This year's theme is "Countdown to Flight", and we're going to be looking at the history of space exploration while sciencing for our supper.

Join us? And donate at: bit.ly/CQXHAT21

In love and science,
    Pamela

P.S. If your business would like to help, we're looking for folks to sponsor each hour. If you can look at your company's bottom line (or talk to the folks who can do so) and consider helping us, it would really help.

P.P.S. All donations are tax-deductible through the Planetary Science Institute, a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to exploring this solar system and beyond.

Click here to view the entire CosmoQuest newsletter.

Got this in an email as well.
    I've donated significant amounts in the past. Might be willing to do so again.
    But the forum has been working badly of late, and that's where I hang out.
    Can I earmark my donation, or a percentage of it, to fixing the forum?
    And if I do, will it actually happen?
    What are the actual costs of maintaining the forum? PM me if you wish, I'll keep it going for a year.
    If you can convince me it'll actually work.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Got this in an email as well.
    I've donated significant amounts in the past. Might be willing to do so again.
    But the forum has been working badly of late, and that's where I hang out.
    Can I earmark my donation, or a percentage of it, to fixing the forum?
    And if I do, will it actually happen?
    What are the actual costs of maintaining the forum? PM me if you wish, I'll keep it going for a year.
    Hi Trebuchet,

I will certainly pass your reply on to Pamela et al and get back to you.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Follow up PM has been sent to you.

Nancy