Thread: Potential "Babylon 5" Reboot

Potential "Babylon 5" Reboot

As reported here.

Only potential saving grace is that J. Michael Straczynski is involved.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

I have mixed feelings. This isnít a total surprise, as I had seen a mention of a JMS tweet a month or so back that hinted there might be more Babylon 5. However, I was hoping for new stories in the same universe, not a reboot with what sounds like a decidedly different story.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    I have mixed feelings. This isn’t a total surprise, as I had seen a mention of a JMS tweet a month or so back that hinted there might be more Babylon 5. However, I was hoping for new stories in the same universe, not a reboot with what sounds like a decidedly different story.
    I feel the same way. But while the original run was pretty good (except for the hit taken with the uncertainties about season 5), the subsequent movies were less than stellar, in my opinion. I'd like to see a set of either new stories in the same timeframe as the original show (but not a reboot/rehash) or a new perhaps related crisis a generation on.

CJSF
    "I like the stories
    About angels, unicorns and elves
    Now I like those stories
    As much as anybody else
    But when I'm seeking knowledge
    Either simple or abstract
    The facts are with science"

-They Might Be Giants, "Science Is Real"

lonelybirder.org

Iíd love to see a reboot of Crusade. Not that it will happen, of course, but that story had promise. I remember some JMS comments that they would find a cure for the nanoplague after a couple of seasons, but would uncover something else with far more widespread implications.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser