View Poll Results: Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fully vaccinated.

25 78.13%
  • First shot, need the second.

6 18.75%
  • Not yet, but will be.

0 0%
  • Not available in my area yet.

0 0%
  • Waiting, concerned about safety.

0 0%
  • Not going to, concerned about safety.

1 3.13%
  • No, it's some sort of conspiracy

0 0%
  • Beer cures everything.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

Got the first shot a few weeks ago I just have to remember to make the next appointment.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Got the first shot a few weeks ago I just have to remember to make the next appointment.
    Just called the pharmacy I got my previous jab and got an appointment for July 7.

For all four of us (me, my wife, and my two kids), they scheduled the second dose right when we got the first dose. I'm kind of surprised that isn't done universally...
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

Quote Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
    For all four of us (me, my wife, and my two kids), they scheduled the second dose right when we got the first dose. I'm kind of surprised that isn't done universally...
    Like many places, Canada is operating a UK-style flexible vaccine schedule, with intervals adjusted according to continuously reviewed evidence and the prevalence of disease. So booking the second appointment at the first appointment has the potential to cause confusion; I guess I'm more surprised that, with that system in place, people are being left to do their own second-dose bookings, which seems like a good way for people to fall through the cracks or otherwise mess up the plan.

Grant Hutchison
    Last edited by grant hutchison; 2021-Jun-28 at 04:47 PM.
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

I received a text about a week ago informing me that I could book my second dose. The first available slot was on 13 July, 69 days after my first shot. I'm happy that the system operates as smoothly as it does, even if the initial dose was offered relatively late by the standards of some countries, and the interval between them seems long. I'd have gladly delayed my shots if it could have resulted in my youngest daughter receiving hers earlier - she was working where the prevalence was high in a job that had her interacting with the public, many of whom seemed clueless about transmission and general risk.

I received the J&J vaccine back in March. It bugs me that it rarely gets mentioned when there is a discussion of vaccine efficacy against variants.

A CNN article this morning mentioned it, but only to say Pfizer and Moderna do well but they had no data for J&J.
    Presumably, data is being collected, but not enough is available to make an assessment.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I received the J&J vaccine back in March. It bugs me that it rarely gets mentioned when there is a discussion of vaccine efficacy against variants.

A CNN article this morning mentioned it, but only to say Pfizer and Moderna do well but they had no data for J&J.
    Presumably, data is being collected, but not enough is available to make an assessment.
    There have been only 12 million doses of J&J so far, so the data pool is still kinda shallow.

(Remember when 12 million was a big number? Ah, nostalgia!)
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

A nearby factory screwed up and had to destroy more doses than that.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
    That's what they did for us as well. This was still when it was being rationed out based on age; we signed up as soon as 70+ was eligible.
    The phone answering message at our pharmacy now says that you can just walk in and get a shot.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

The nearest clinic that you just walk in is 45-60 minutes away as far as I know, so I have to wait until my appointment. But the Atlantic bubble is open now, we don't have to isolate if we go to the other Atlantic provinces.

I am now one of the fully vaxxed, no ill effects.

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    I am now one of the fully vaxxed, no ill effects.
    According to some posters at my other forum, you'll be dead in days. Either that or Bill Gates will be tracking you via the 5G!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    According to some posters at my other forum, you'll be dead in days. Either that or Bill Gates will be tracking you via the 5G!
    And you’ve just become a victim of gene therapy and no telling what will happen to you in the future.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    If they track me all they will see is me moving around my property and to the mail box, have no plans on going anywhere/ My arm is already a bit sore and I am a bit toired but I have felling that is because for a couple of days my sinuses were acting up and I got to much rest which meant I wasn't so tired last night.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    And you’ve just become a victim of gene therapy and no telling what will happen to you in the future.

*sigh*
    My oldest niece so far hasn't got because of stuff like that but she already has bee to Nova Scotia.

The local health unit put up a well advertised drive through clinic this evening intended for people who hadn't yet received their first shot. (Our town has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the province. The names I've used to describe the laggards can't be posted here.) So my daughter noticed on the community message site that they were also taking people who were eligible for their second shot, which given our supply, means it has been at least eight weeks since the first was administered. So we went. I've never before been happy to see a line up! After some simple paper work, the appointment I'd made for next week was automatically canceled and and I got my shot. They even gave me a choice, so I decided to take the Pfizer this time.

But here's the thing that irritated me: I asked to make sure it was okay for me to get my second shot - I didn't want to prevent a first time recipient from getting theirs. "No problem" I was told, they didn't want to be chucking any unused vaccine. The nurse said she'd only had eight first time recipients in three hours.

Well, I'm happy for those eight first timers.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post

*sigh*
    But this third arm is useful sometimes. Thanks, Mad Science!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    But this third arm is useful sometimes. Thanks, Mad Science!
    Maybe Stacy Brown had the vaccine.

(Old bawdy Shel Silverstein song.)

Time travelers from the future are setting up cameras all around my house. My upcoming mutation must be a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Time travelers from the future are setting up cameras all around my house. My upcoming mutation must be a big one.
    "Behold, this is where the birth of our species began."
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

As of today both my wife and I am now fully vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine. We had a 12 week gap between doses.

I had it. It tasted really bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName View Post
    I had it. It tasted really bad though.
    I assume you had altered 'sense of taste' symptoms. if so I hope that you have fully recovered.

After my first dose I was a little fatigued and my arm ached quite badly for a few days. After my second dose I came down with full covid symptoms, ached all over, tired, fatigued, bad headache, tight chest swollen lymph glands... After a few days like this it got so bad that I contacted the help line. The advice was that so long as I wasn't struggling to breath and my heart wasn't racing then I should be fine, and that the lymph gland swelling is a common side effect.

Good news is, I did feel better after about a week, but it took a few more weeks before I felt normal again.

I was fully vaccinated by March 16 with the Pfizer vaccine.

I just got my second dose of Pfizer literally a few minutes ago. I’m in the waiting room waiting to be “released.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    I assume you had altered 'sense of taste' symptoms. if so I hope that you have fully recovered.
    No symptoms, it just tasted really disgusting. Stuck to the tongue, foul taste, I really had to force myself to choke it down.

No symptoms, it just tasted really disgusting. Stuck to the tongue, foul taste, I really had to force myself to choke it down.
    I guess you’re joking, but just to check, did you drink the vaccine rather than getting injected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I guess you’re joking, but just to check, did you drink the vaccine rather than getting injected?
    You know, now that you mention it, the people there did become really agitated, and they kept shouting something about "injection". I wasn't sure what they meant.

You know, now that you mention it, the people there did become really agitated, and they kept shouting something about "injection". I wasn't sure what they meant.
    Now, if you were to tell me you ate it along with the vial and needle, I'd find that a bit hard to swallow.
    As above, so below