Thread: From the Director's Keyboard: Happy Victoria Day!

Exclamation From the Director's Keyboard: Happy Victoria Day!

Directors Notes: StarDate JD 2459359.2

The temptation to write that has been with me for months, and on this first, far too hot day of our mid-western summer, I think the Sun is getting to my head, and I had to give in to that temptation.

To those of you in Canada, happy Victoria Day. To those of you in the United States, I want to take a moment to thank all our veterans for their service as we look to next week's Memorial Day. As is our tradition, we're going to take the week of Memorial Day off from streaming. For me, it will be a headlong rush into preparing for our CosmoQuest-a-Con celebration in late July. The next time I write, I hope to be sharing out a list of guests, contests, and special swag bundles available for purchase. As we shared before, the theme is "80s Space Party". Expect big hair!

When I was a little kid, I lived on cheesy sci-fi like Buck Rogers in the 21st Century, and I was inspired by the Voyager images and space shuttle flights. I know from talking with many of you that you each had your own favorite cheese 80s science and fiction that you loved. As we go into final planning mode, please let me know what it was that made you laugh (either at the time, or while look back at it). There was a lot that wasn't good about the 80s, but there has been a lot that isn't good about every era in history. For now, let's focus on what made us laugh.

In love and (silly) science,
    Pamela

Click here to view the entire CosmoQuest newsletter.

Hi, Nancy,

I've sent you a private message with some thoughts on how best to handle these posts. Please read it when you can and then join the discussion in the moderator's area (link in the message). Thanks.

ToSeek
    Last edited by ToSeek; 2021-May-25 at 02:52 AM.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

I definitely like this (a separate section for these) better. It’s easier to follow and keep track of them.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser