Thread: The Surprising Discovery of Ceramic Chips Inside Meteorites Means There Were Wild Tem

The Surprising Discovery of Ceramic Chips Inside Meteorites Means There Were Wild Tem

Meteorites are excellent windows into early solar system formation.* Many were formed in the those early days, and unlike rocks on the Earth, most are not affected by billions of years of tectonic activity that wipes away any of their original structure.* Recently a team led by Nicolas Dauphas and Justin Hu at the University …
    Continue reading "The Surprising Discovery of Ceramic Chips Inside Meteorites Means There Were Wild Temperature Variations In the Early Solar System"
    The post The Surprising Discovery of Ceramic Chips Inside Meteorites Means There Were Wild Temperature Variations In the Early Solar System appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

The surprising discovery of ceramic chips inside meteorites means that meteorites were kidnapped for experiments and then taking back

Astronomers must use the term "ceramic" very differently than solid-state chemists (me) use it. To me, ceramics are synthetic, man-made materials. I assume they are using the term "ceramic" to indicate this is a polycrystalline material composed of different phases, and does not imply a synthetic origin.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules