Thread: Death of Michael Apted 79 announced - Director of 7 - Up, 14 - Up etc.

Death of Michael Apted 79 announced - Director of 7 - Up, 14 - Up etc.

I am sure most of us would have seen at least one outing of this fascinating series that he helmed. The last installment, 63-Up, was released in 2019. I seem to remember that he wasn't very well when he made it. Apart from Documentaries he also directed a number of well regarded films including "Gorillas in the Mist" & "Coal Miner's Daughter".

A correction--he didn't direct the first one. He was a researcher on it and helped choose the children, but the first one was directed by Paul Almond.

https://www.the-solute.com/the-drama...ted-1941-2021/

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    A correction--he didn't direct the first one. He was a researcher on it and helped choose the children, but the first one was directed by Paul Almond.

https://www.the-solute.com/the-drama...ted-1941-2021/
    Thanks for the correction. I guess my mind he he became so associated with the series that I never thought to check closely enough. And I hadn't read your article yet

I never knew his name until now but watched a lot of his work

I'm the same age as the 7-Up kids, so I identify very strongly with a lot of these people. They have experienced the same changes and cultural shifts as I have, and now they are near or already retired.