Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have a merry Covid Christmas and Happy New Year

Midnight arrived here, Eastern Standard Time. Happy New Year!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Well, to those posting here living in the future and past*, it has now turned 2021 in my time-space location. Here’s hoping for a calmer and safer year. Happy New Year!

*according to the time shown on your local clocks

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

By the way, it is strange looking at the Time Square show. Empty streets, some of those things with vaguely human shapes and air blowing through them presumably to give an illusion of motion around the entertainers. The entertainers (mostly) social distancing. On one hand, I wanted to see it because I wanted to see how it was affected. On the other hand, it was a bit depressing and felt too much like Cosy Catastrophe stories.

Hopefully it will look more like normal next year.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Yappy Hew Near!
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Man people were going nutz here with the fireworks and gun shooting at midnite and it went on for about 30 minutes. A normal New Year it would last maybe 10 minutes so folks were very happy to put 2020 to rest, and it just needed some Help...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	25794

Spent New Year's Eve online with some friends, most of whom were East Coast so we wrapped up well before midnight my time. I was exhausted and sore, and I pretty well forced myself to stay awake until midnight and conked out a few minutes later.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

We’re still alive and breathing. I’m grateful for that.

Let’s have a good one.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

I was going to put the ball drop on but was asleep in the recliner, with a kitty!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.