Thread: EVA Suit Hoax

EVA Suit Hoax

Neil_Baker
    2d
    Most of the NASA space program is a hoax.

Achilles Heel of hoax is EVA spacesuit because it can be PROVEN on Earth today.

NASA must PROVE before independent witnesses an EVA spacesuit in a vacuum chamber on Earth at 1 microtorr, something never done in 60 years of alleged EVA spacesuit use.

NASA won't because they can't because they commit FRAUD.

If NASA uses the EVA spacesuits in high vacuum on spacewalks from ISS as they allege and tests them regularly at NASA-Johnson in vacuum chambers as they also allege, then it should cost nothing extra and create no unacceptable inconvenience to allow a few Citizen witnesses to observe the next test.

In this great Age of the Scientific Method, our faith-based space program is unacceptable.

NASA should also produce at least one photo of an EVA spacesuit ice sublimator from this 21st Century since they represent one of the most interesting and exotic heat transfer devices ever concocted.

Sorry for the long quote. This guy's claim that NASA's EVA suit is hoax, is something I've never seen before. And an "ice sublimator"? What would be a good replie to this.

I am pretty sure one can find photos and video of spacesuits in vacuum chambers.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

This same suit hoax claim was made by a Neil Baker on ApolloHoax.net years ago in 2015. The thread is still there to read.

https://www.apollohoax.net/forum/ind...34&topic=945.0

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    I am pretty sure one can find photos and video of spacesuits in vacuum chambers.
    No doubt, but presumably this person won’t accept anything unless there were “independent” eye witnesses - and they would likely reject just about anyone as a witness except a hoax believer that probably wouldn’t accept anything they were shown even if they got the red carpet treatment.

And what’s the big deal about a sublimator? It’s a basic physical principle and the technology hasn’t changed much since the ‘60s. In fact, they are working on a replacement since they would prefer not to waste all that water for future long term operations on the Moon or elsewhere.

Here is a detailed document on the EMU (extravehicular mobility unit) from 2017, has lots of detail on the suit including cooling:

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/const...AA-TN55224.pdf

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    This same suit hoax claim was made by a Neil Baker on ApolloHoax.net years ago in 2015. The thread is still there to read.

https://www.apollohoax.net/forum/ind...34&topic=945.0
    That’s funny. The guy couldn’t find a photo of a sublimator, so when someone in thread links to one, he says it is only on the web because he had been making waves forcing the mysterious conspiracists to put one out there . . . rather than the more obvious conclusion that he is just bad at searching for the material (probably intentionally, as apparently he’s been making this same request and getting answers for years).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    That’s funny. The guy couldn’t find a photo of a sublimator, so when someone in thread links to one, he says it is only on the web because he had been making waves forcing the mysterious conspiracists to put one out there . . . rather than the more obvious conclusion that he is just bad at searching for the material (probably intentionally, as apparently he’s been making this same request and getting answers for years).
    Yes, it seems like he's also been flogging this one-note CT on Twitter recently in his pathetic quest for attention or notoriety. He also claims 9-11 woke him up to Zionist media control which speaks volumes.

As Jay Utah said; "The guy's clearly off his crumpet."

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    And an "ice sublimator"? What would be a good replie to this.
    That's a particular weird thing to nit-pick. At one point or another, every science museum in the world has probably done a public demonstration of sublimation. I know that my local college campus has the ability to demonstrate it. One of my coworkers has a whole unit on states of matter and brings in Dry Ice to demonstrate sublimation. In fact, we have a local shipping company that is her sponsor for this activity and has someone deliver the dry ice to her (plus some handouts and cards about shipping and receiving.)

It's almost the definition of pedestrian. Other than the weirdness of having some odd things, there is no real reason why you couldn't do this at home. With a variety of testable materials and designs. One of the key components is a refrigerator pump. It's not hard, it's just weird. There is a picture of the PLSS on wikipedia, old ones and new ones. The heat system is far simpler than the whole device, and if you were willing to use suitable (ah, sorry) substitutions in materials, this would be a cheap weekend build on workbench.

(Edit to insert foot in mouth. Under my desk, in a box, I have an old 1970's era vacuum pump for a plastic former. It needs a new bed, which I have meant to make for ages. This is a product you can buy in a store, so it's less weird than I thought.)
    Last edited by Solfe; 2020-Nov-22 at 09:55 PM.
    Solfe

And while he claims credit for it being on the internet (despite it having been on that site at least since 1996)...he insists that it doesn't count.

There's pictures of sublimators on spacecraft as well. The Saturn V Instrument Unit had one for cooling electronics, the lunar module had one for environmental control. They're not a particularly exotic piece of equipment. It's a quite strange thing to fixate on. Why wouldn't they have had sublimators that look and function exactly as claimed?

Thanks all. Since this guy's been around for awhile, I don't see any reason to continue my conversation with him.

Right, why waste time playing to his script, giving him answers he will just ignore or deny? The only thing I would suggest, if this is a public discussion, just point out that you found out this is an old game he is playing and that his questions have been answered repeatedly for years only for him to move on and ask them again elsewhere, and link the Apollohoax thread as an example.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

It's also interesting that he limits this to NASA. I mean, a bunch of countries are participating in the ISS, and two countries besides the US (Russia and China) have launched astronauts into space in their own rockets. So I guess they would have to be in on the hoax as well...
    As above, so below

This guy is a genuine lunatic. He claims to have an engineering degree, but he hasn't the foggest clue as to how suites with sublimators have been used by all astronauts from China and Russia as well as NASA. I along witt many others tried to give him some knowledge but failed. I'm ashamed to call him a fellow engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    It's also interesting that he limits this to NASA. I mean, a bunch of countries are participating in the ISS, and two countries besides the US (Russia and China) have launched astronauts into space in their own rockets. So I guess they would have to be in on the hoax as well...
    Going by the Apollohoax thread his whole agenda seems to be that undermining NASA's credibility is some sort of backdoor to exposing 9/11 as an inside job. He's apparently playing the unsung hero in his own personal X-Files drama who's just one episode away from blowing the lid off through this "Achilles Heel" only he has found.

About the only upside to ravers like this guy is the discussions they start in a rational setting. The data presented on the thread is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    And they use basically the same kind of sublimator technology for their suits.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    About the only upside to ravers like this guy is the discussions they start in a rational setting. The data presented on the thread is fascinating.
    Yes, that’s what I liked about the CT threads here, I learned a lot either from my own research on their claims or from other posters.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Like science fiction, it can spark some good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    This guy is a genuine lunatic. He claims to have an engineering degree, but he hasn't the foggest clue as to how suites with sublimators have been used by all astronauts from China and Russia as well as NASA. I along witt many others tried to give him some knowledge but failed. I'm ashamed to call him a fellow engineer.
    Engineers and Woo. Caution: Politics, Religion, and at least one naughty word.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Right, why waste time playing to his script, giving him answers he will just ignore or deny? The only thing I would suggest, if this is a public discussion, just point out that you found out this is an old game he is playing and that his questions have been answered repeatedly for years only for him to move on and ask them again elsewhere, and link the Apollohoax thread as an example.
    Funnily enough from that thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JayUtah « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »
    I see you've been banging this same drum since at least 2011, and you've already been provided with the evidence of suit testing many times over. You simply refuse to accept it.
    So nearly a decade trotting out the same tired old argument...
    R.I.P. Bad Astronomy

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Engineers and Woo. Caution: Politics, Religion, and at least one naughty word.
    Yes there are more out there, and my sentiments would be associated with them also.

And they use basically the same kind of sublimator technology for their suits.
    Has anyone worked out why he's so skeptical of sublimation cooling?

Solon believes light can't travel through a vacuum. Satz has his own similarly broken pet theory of electronics. What's the story here? Does he not believe in sublimation? Is a porous plate somehow beyond human ability to fabricate?

Quote Originally Posted by cjameshuff View Post
    Has anyone worked out why he's so skeptical of sublimation cooling?

Solon believes light can't travel through a vacuum. Satz has his own similarly broken pet theory of electronics. What's the story here? Does he not believe in sublimation? Is a porous plate somehow beyond human ability to fabricate?
    If you look at the first post in the linked appolohoax.net thread you will get a good idea of how kooky he is. I believe he was involved in 9/11 CTs but it has been 5 years ago.

Huh. I went back and looked at the apollohoax thread from lo these many years ago... and realized I’ve actually met this guy. Small world.

So, in essence, this is a tale of going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    If you look at the first post in the linked appolohoax.net thread you will get a good idea of how kooky he is. I believe he was involved in 9/11 CTs but it has been 5 years ago.
    Skimming over things, all I could get was that he was sure his inability to find the information was proof of the hoax. Nothing about why it wouldn't have worked. Or why it couldn't be faked along with everything else, for that matter.

Solon believes light can't travel through a vacuum.
    Well whenever a low pressure front passes through, I notice it tends to get darker. That must be why, the light has trouble travelling through the less dense air.

Quote Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
    Huh. I went back and looked at the apollohoax thread from lo these many years ago... and realized I’ve actually met this guy. Small world.
    That board is harder to get into than Fort Knox.
    A: "Things that are equal to the same are equal to each other"
    B: "The two sides of this triangle are things that are equal to the same"
    C: "If A and B are true, Z must be true"
    D: "If A and B and C are true, Z must be true"
    E: "If A and B and C and D are true, Z must be true"

Therefore, Z: "The two sides of this triangle are equal to each other"

Quote Originally Posted by Eclogite View Post
    So, in essence, this is a tale of going from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    Well played.

Skimming over things, all I could get was that he was sure his inability to find the information was proof of the hoax. Nothing about why it wouldn't have worked. Or why it couldn't be faked along with everything else, for that matter.
    Sorry my memory is faulty as I thought he laid out his objections in the first post. But I seem to remember something to the point that sublimators wouldn't worked because of "violation" of heat transfer in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
    I feel sorry for you.