Thread: Terrify yourself with LeoLabsí visualization of satellites and space debris around Ea

Terrify yourself with LeoLabsí visualization of satellites and space debris around Ea

Founded in 2016, Menlo Park, California-based LeoLabs, is a mind-blowing company. They have built, and continue to expand, a network of ground-based, phased array radars worldwide to keep track of the thousands of operational satellites, defunct satellites, spent rocket bodies, and pieces of debris in orbit around the Earth. Not only is their radar technology …
    Continue reading "Terrify yourself with LeoLabs’ visualization of satellites and space debris around Earth"
    The post Terrify yourself with LeoLabs’ visualization of satellites and space debris around Earth appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

Now this is impressive, this is about a company that has an amazing satellite simulation. I recommend going here:

https://platform.leolabs.space/visualization

They have a world globe surrounded by orbiting objects. You can shift it around, zoom in on objects, color code and filter by things like object type, perigee and country of origin. Iíve just started looking at it, probably more stuff I havenít noticed yet.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser