Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share Your Fall Color!

Quote Originally Posted by myblind View Post
    look at them colors !
    where do you leave ? HEAVEN ?
    Close...Peters Creek, Alaska.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    Close...Peters Creek, Alaska.
    The Maritimes are looking pretty heavenly as well!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    The Maritimes are looking pretty heavenly as well!
    Indeed! Meanwhile, my world has gone to monochrome in 15 days:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zIMG_6359.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	25588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zIMG_6361.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	25589  

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Indeed! Meanwhile, my world has gone to monochrome in 15 days
    Brrrrr. I’m still running the air conditioner, though not much. It should hit 93F here today. Every now and then I want to see snow again and drive a couple hours to the mountains.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

We're starting to see some fresh snow on the Olympic Mountains. We seldom get any here at sea level.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

The season of color is all but over for another year. While it's been on the taller peaks for some time, we got the first termination dust of the season on our mountaintop yesterday...and it came all the way down overnight. That has to be a record. We usually have a few days or a couple of weeks between the two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	25594
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

A few pics from the property during a quick walk after cleaning up some of the gardening stuff yesterday.
    https://twitter.com/DavidLPFairweat/...893121025?s=20
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

E

Well, my pomegranate tree has gone yellow and is losing its leaves. I noticed a large tree in my neighbor’s yard has started to get some yellow leaves, but is mostly green. It does drop a lot of leaves in my yard, mostly in December and January. Right now it is still getting to 80F during the day, though down into the 40s at night. Also, it is supposed to drop to the 50s-60s during the day in two or three days, so we are finally getting to more wintery weather.

Most things stay green all year, like the orange tree near the house. It can rarely get just cold enough here to make commercial citrus growing impractical - nearby you’ll find areas called “Citrus Heights” and “Orangevale” named because of extensive citrus farms, but they were wiped out early in the 20th century from a cold snap. We had a freeze that lasted through for a few days some years back, first time here I’ve seen it stay below freezing during the day. I had an exterior pipe freeze, it killed my lemon bushes down to the ground, but they came back, froze some cacti and succulents solid (they turned to mush and I never bothered to replace them) and did extensive damage to my orange tree.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

So far this autumn has been dull when it comes to colors. Even the maple trees are turning from green to yellowish brown before the leaves drop, not much in the orange/red range here. On the other hand the persimmons are turning a nice orange, the purple cabbages are heading up, and the blueberry bush foliage is turning a bit reddish...

Name:	IMG_20201101_142247.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	923.8 KB 
ID:	25643

Name:	IMG_20201101_142113.jpg 
Size:	868.6 KB 
ID:	25644

Name:	IMG_20201101_143124.jpg 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	25645

This will be the final update on my local fall colors, not much to offer but our maple tree did finally turn a nice oragey/red but the leaves fell off 5 minutes later so no pic there...

Here's the persimmon tree in all it's glory...

Name:	IMG_20201110_120901.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	916.8 KB 
ID:	25648

Here's another Dogwood...

Name:	IMG_20201110_120738.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	25649

Here's a few old zinnas hanging on (still no killing frost here yet)...

Name:	IMG_20201110_120752.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	25650

...and one overhead shot from laying in my hammock. This is a Male Mulberry tree, or otherwise known as a Paper Mulberry tree, Thomas Jefferson's favorite shade tree...turns yellow before dropping...

Name:	IMG_20201110_121011.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	25651

Busy raking now....