View Poll Results: For the confused, Titan is the ninth largest object orbiting the Sun

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pluto

6 33.33%
  • Neptune

0 0%
  • Planet Nine

1 5.56%
  • Titan

1 5.56%
  • What ninth planet?

10 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: What is the ninth planet?

Yes, I’ve said before I would prefer a definition that included dwarf planets as a subgroup of planets and counting them all, so Neptune would (usually) be the ninth planet, Pluto the tenth, and other officially established dwarf planets would be included in the list of the sun’s planets. At one point it was suggested there could be hundreds of such, but that seems unlikely now, at least for ones we are capable of detecting with current instruments.

If there had been an option for Neptune and Pluto sharing ninth planet status in the solar system, I probably would have picked that because that would be my preference. But officially, there is currently no established ninth planet.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

It's been pointed out that alien astronomers observing our Solar System might record: Four planets plus debris.

I think that joke is a bit outdated since Kepler.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    It's been pointed out that alien astronomers observing our Solar System might record: Four planets plus debris.

I made that joke and the moderators did not like it.
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS