Thread: Is discussion of the Artemis Accord allowed by politics rules?

Is discussion of the Artemis Accord allowed by politics rules?

In this thread, the talk about AA got briefly broadened and a poster left because it was too political. Hopefully it is now back on topic. But is the subject of the Artemis Accord itself suitable for a thread here?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I don't see how it wouldn't be an allowed topic. The rules are really quite clear on this.
    12. Politics & Religion

Since this forum is devoted to science and discussions of politics and religion are both off-topic and tend to incite behavior we discourage, forum participants are generally prohibited from discussing religious and political issues. Please don't begin or contribute to a topic that's merely going to incite or fuel a flame war.

However, the following exceptions apply:

A) Political impact upon space programs, exploration, and science.

B) Focused, polite discussion of concepts such as creationism and "intelligent design" which bear direct relevance to astronomy and science, for the purposes of conversing about and addressing misconceptions.

C) Focused, polite discussion of the difference between astronomy (including cosmology) and religion.

If you have any doubts about whether a topic meets these guidelines or would be otherwise acceptable, contact a moderator or administrator prior to posting about it.

Note that partisan political debate is unwelcome anywhere on this forum. The same applies to debates purely religious in nature. Likewise, proselytizing will not be allowed. In short, you are allowed to discuss politics and religion within a very limited scope where they affect space and space exploration, astronomy, and science. Nothing more. If you really really need to talk about these topics with someone, take it to email, private messages, or another bulletin board.
    This would seem to very clearly come under exception (A). Of course, the discussion needs to remain polite and non-partisan (prejudiced in favor of a particular cause). And broadening outside of the space exception would also not be allowed (I've only briefly looked at the thread).
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    In this thread, the talk about AA got briefly broadened and a poster left because it was too political. Hopefully it is now back on topic. But is the subject of the Artemis Accord itself suitable for a thread here?
    I've noted Swift's message, but just wanted to add something about the thread itself. My impression (and forgive me if my interpretation is wrong) is that the person who started the thread, the person who broadened it, and the person who decided to stop the discussion because it was becoming political, are all the same person. If that is indeed the case, then it just seems easiest to let it rest if they are not comfortable with it.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I've noted Swift's message, but just wanted to add something about the thread itself. My impression (and forgive me if my interpretation is wrong) is that the person who started the thread, the person who broadened it, and the person who decided to stop the discussion because it was becoming political, are all the same person. If that is indeed the case, then it just seems easiest to let it rest if they are not comfortable with it.
    Although I just want to edit, I don't think the derailment was just the responsibility of that one person. I think it is an issue that is inherently political and that the derailment is somewhat related to the nature of the discussion itself.
    As above, so below