Thread: Is Dark Matter what is left over from a matter-antimatter annihilation?

Question Is Dark Matter what is left over from a matter-antimatter annihilation?

Why wouldn't the information paradox apply to this?

Quantum information without a host?

Scientists have observed electron and positron annihilation very carefully and precisely. Proton-antiproton annihilation has also been observed that carefully and precisely. All of the mass is accounted for, with no dark matter residue.
    I'm curious to hear why you think this might be a source for dark matter, and also why you think the information paradox would come in to play for this.
    Forming opinions as we speak

What if I told you that it doesn't matter that everything is accounted for afterwards? Once decoherence assigns quantum gravity, it can't be transferred to the product of annihilation. You end up with gravity that isn't assigned to matter and is apparently more potent because of it.

If quantum information describes a particle, could gravity be another variable?

Does spacetime have a quantum gravity memory? Is matter holographic, but gravity is assigned another way?

Is quantum gravity somehow different from other quantum information?

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    What if I told you that it doesn't matter that everything is accounted for afterwards? Once decoherence assigns quantum gravity, it can't be transferred to the product of annihilation. You end up with gravity that isn't assigned to matter and is apparently more potent because of it.
    We don't have a theory of quantum gravity yet so this sounds highly speculative at best. And what you are describing doesn't sound like it would act as we require dark matter to. Can you provide any sources for these statements?

What I discovered might end up having to do with this https://medium.com/the-infinite-univ...n-3259da45d032

Is gravity in the temporal dimension? Quantum gravity is like time, forward only, once it is assigned, it doesn't flatten back out and gives us "dark matter".

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    What I discovered might end up having to do with this https://medium.com/the-infinite-univ...n-3259da45d032

Is gravity in the temporal dimension? Quantum gravity is like time, forward only, once it is assigned, it doesn't flatten back out and gives us "dark matter".
    Hindsight

You have crossed over from asking questions to advocating non-mainstream ideas in Q&A (even your questions were pretty close to advocating). You will stop doing that at once. Q&A is ONLY for asking questions (and not rhetorical questions) and getting mainstream answers. Arguing with those answers, or advocating non-mainstream ideas in Q&A is strictly forbidden.

If you continue to do so, you will be infracted and your thread will be moved to our Against The Mainstream (ATM) forum; where you will have to follow the special rules of that sub-forum.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules