Thread: Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS All Access - animated)

Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS All Access - animated)

Star Trek: Lower Decks takes place in 2380 and focuses on the lower ranks aboard USS Cerritos, one of the least important ships in Starfleet.

Trailer 1 😂

https://youtu.be/V3RkBKedKWw

I didn’t mention this earlier because I was wondering if I had gotten this video confused with another but this has been confirmed by others: I saw this video the first day it was up and it had likes/dislikes and comments enabled. They were disabled within a day. When I looked, there were more dislikes than likes, but it wasn’t overwhelming, maybe 40% likes to 60% dislikes with fairly small numbers. I took a short glance at the comments and saw a mix of comments but didn’t see anything very negative at the time. I’ve read elsewhere there were people saying predictable things like “This isn’t Star Trek,” that didn’t like the animation, other recent series, etc. Nothing too extreme.

Apparently they weren’t willing to see if the balance would shift as more people watched the video, or maybe they had indications the trend was going the wrong way.

I’ve also seen comments that they are being aggressive with copyright blocks against others making commentary YouTube videos on it.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

They are trying to have their own TEEN TITANS by the looks of it—the second less serious series with different animation styles but with the same voice actors.

I suspect this is a target audience mismatch. It's for kids, when kids are not terribly inclined to dive into the fray of Youtube comments, even if they like Star Trek. All you have left is the adults who aren't the target demographic. I know a lot of adults who like Teen Titans, but they seem to know they aren't the "real" target audience. However, that show has a plenty for adults, if only for shout outs and meta-humor.

TAS had a problem that adults liked it, but the target audience was supposed to kids.
    Solfe

We are considered a dying demographic, so who listens to us old Trekkies besides the folks behind that Social Security ad campaign—itself a decade old now?

Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I suspect this is a target audience mismatch. It's for kids, when kids are not terribly inclined to dive into the fray of Youtube comments, even if they like Star Trek. All you have left is the adults who aren't the target demographic. I know a lot of adults who like Teen Titans, but they seem to know they aren't the "real" target audience. However, that show has a plenty for adults, if only for shout outs and meta-humor.

TAS had a problem that adults liked it, but the target audience was supposed to kids.
    I suspect you are exactly correct, since I found the trailer video kind of stupid and juvenile, so the target audience is obviously not me.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    I've noticed that this new generation of Star Trek isn't much talked about here.

Looks like I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway without an international distributor but that's fine because I'm burnt out on Star Trek. The thought of five shows all going on at once is exhausting.

I watched the first episode. It is certainly...something.

This is actually more like "Family Guy" and less like "Star Trek" than "The Orville" is.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn