Thread: Help with photo...

Help with photo...

Hi,

A friend of mine took this photo this morning. Is it a planet? Or a glitch haha Taken from Liverpool, England.

https://ibb.co/4SFSJgN

hi Midnightcity, welcome to the forum!

Here's a link to a website called Heavens Above that is very useful for these kinds of questions. I've already entered Liverpool as the viewing location: https://www.heavens-above.com/main.a...l&alt=0&tz=GMT

Now, in the main menu, you can choose the option "Sky chart (old version)", enter the date of the 25th, and set the time when the picture was taken. If you do so, you'll notice that the Sun and the Moon were quite close together in the sky. So my guess is that you're seeing an overexposed Sun, and the Moon.

I'm sure that if I got it wrong someone will correct me quickly

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Lens flare.

There you go! Post a question and it may sit for a while, post something wrong and it's always corrected quickly Thanks.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    There you go! Post a question and it may sit for a while, post something wrong and it's always corrected quickly Thanks.
    I was wondering why the moon appeared to be full.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom