Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw data error

at 6:31 pm est. won't post any more unless it was weird
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	24851  
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Last time for me was at 10 pm, EST
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Am I the only one disappointed from the lack of response to this thread from the technical staff after the recent fundraising effort?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Am I the only one disappointed from the lack of response to this thread from the technical staff after the recent fundraising effort?
    My impression is that they don’t monitor the board.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Last time for me was at 10 pm, EST
    The most common issue for me is a delay when refreshing or opening the page. Sometimes those turn into database errors, occasionally I have to wait a few minutes before trying again.

Frequency of delays and errors rose dramatically in the last week. I hadn’t been seeing the errors for some time before that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Anyone else notice it seems to happen to you after you post something within a few minutes

That’s the pattern I have noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    The most common issue for me is a delay when refreshing or opening the page. Sometimes those turn into database errors, occasionally I have to wait a few minutes before trying again.

Frequency of delays and errors rose dramatically in the last week. I hadn’t been seeing the errors for some time before that.
    Same here, but also when posting or adding images to a post.

I apologize for not providing updates here - this is squarely on my shoulders and I have dropped the ball. I will ask Pamela today (once I see she is online) what the status is with our servers and report back.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy.
    I got one of these yesterday afternoon. Trying to reload got me a white screen of death - a blank page. Finally I closed the tab, opened the thread in another tab, and made a post. That didn't go right either -- It didn't load the new post for a while then I got a browser message "Do you want to leave this page? Unsaved changes may be lost."
    The change did, in fact, go through.

Thank you!

I've had multiple instances of the problem this morning, including when trying to open this very thread!

We seem to be having a lot more traffic recently, could that be taxing the servers.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Update:

I pinged Pamela for an update regarding the server situation. Response is multifaceted.

First, regarding fundraising updates, we are still waiting for all checks received before the end of 2019 to clear - because many of them came in when PSI's offices were closed for the holidays, they were not processed until January. A full fundraising update will be provided approximately within the first week or two of February.

Next, CosmoQuest doesn't have a technical "staff" - we have Pamela. She is the ONLY technical "staff" we have. In December, Pamela did contact Amazon about reserving the necessary space for us to migrate over. Unfortunately Amazon did not have the space available for us before Christmas, and she has not had a chance to follow up since then. This is in her queue and hopefully will have some bandwidth soon to revisit this.

Obviously, we apologize that things have not progressed as quickly as we were hoping with the servers. But we are working on it.

Nancy

I don't know if it's related, but sometimes when I click on a forum title link on the main page, it takes me back to the top of the main page/refreshes instead. It started doing this more often when I started getting more "database error" messages.

CJSF
    "The sun is a quagmire
    It's not made of fire
    Forget what you've been told in the past
    Electrons are free
    (Plasma!) Fourth state of matter
    Not gas, not liquid, not solid"

-They Might Be Giants, "Why Does The Sun Really Shine?"

lonelybirder.org

Things seem to have been working better lately, at least for me. Thanks, guys.

Things seem to have been working better lately, at least for me. Thanks, guys.
    Agree, vast improvement

I have switched over to IE and haven't had a problem although I really don't like IE. Chrome gives me the white screen of death lately.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/