Thread: Goofy bureaucrats

Goofy bureaucrats

I am getting great service from my online-order military pharmacy with one small exception. They are providing me with insulin and other diabetes-related meds, along with blood glucose test strips and sterile finger-pricking lancets. They give me the option of authorizing automatic refills of everything except the lancets, without which the test strips are useless. I need to place the order for refills of the lancets. When I clicked on the explanation I got the following:

Some medications do not qualify for automatic refills. Examples include controlled or specialty medications or medications intended to be used on a short term or as needed basis like allergy or pain medications.
    It appears to me that some bureaucrats in the system need brain transplants.

Automated phone message from our pharmacy:
    "The pharmacy is currently closed. Please hold for a pharmacy representative."
    At 9:00 last night, that would have been a 13 hour wait.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Automated phone message from our pharmacy:
    "The pharmacy is currently closed. Please hold for a pharmacy representative."
    At 9:00 last night, that would have been a 13 hour wait.
    So, did you stay on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    It appears to me that some bureaucrats in the system need brain transplants.
    Because it could not possibly be a slight error when adding that particular item to the inventory? Or a misinterpreted bug or error condition in the system leading to the wrong error message? Or because the supplier (or supply) put certain restrictions?

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice