Thread: My spouse smells good. Mission accomplished!

Wink My spouse smells good. Mission accomplished!

Go home and snort your partner. You'll feel better for it.

https://phys.org/news/2019-03-eviden...-partners.html

Evidence that humans prefer genetically dissimilar partners based on scent
    March 20, 2019 by Bob Yirka, Phys.org report

A team of researchers at Université Paris Diderot has found evidence that suggests humans are able to detect via smell which partners are genetically preferable.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    ...Evidence that humans prefer genetically dissimilar partners based on scent...
    (1) The researchers report that on average, the MHCs between couples in Europe were dissimilar—more so than could be accounted for by randomness.....

(2) The researchers suggest their findings provide strong evidence of a human ability to smell MHC in other humans and to prefer mates with dissimilarities....
    The study does not explain how they concluded from the factual finding in (1) the suggested method of achieving that result in (2). I should think that they might just as well have suggested "looks" or even "sound of one's voice" as the "method"?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Long, long ago I recall reading a popularized article which mentioned that men who smelled good to women who were taking contraceptives smelled bad when they were not taking them. It also mentioned that people's odors were somehow related to their immune systems.
    Selden

Use enough deodorant, cologne, and/or perfume and you can trick your mate ;-)