Thread: Giving Thanks Thread

Thanksgiving

Whatever you're thankful for and whoever you're thankful to, Happy Thanksgiving!

(Even if you don't celebrate it as a holiday, it's a good day to count up whatever's good in your life and reflect on it.)
    Last edited by Noclevername; 2015-Nov-26 at 07:09 AM.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Happy turkey day.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I tell people I'm from the States; so I can have it twice.... :-)

But us not forget the sacrifice of the those brave souls who gave their lives in Cincinnati in '78, Where members of the turkey liberation front went to rescue their brothers frozen the store. Their first wave took out some of the heavy troop transports in the parking lot. Then the ground forces landed to invade the store. No one was freed all members of the front took off in all directions. Likely Les Nessman was there to document the bravery of the few, the brave, the tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by banquo's_bumble_puppy View Post
    I tell people I'm from the States; so I can have it twice.... :-)
    So that's why my sister moved to Canada! She does make a good pumpkin pie.
    Solfe

Right Back at Ya! Let the Holidaze begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    So that's why my sister moved to Canada! She does make a good pumpkin pie.
    Pumpkin pie= yum

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    But us not forget the sacrifice of the those brave souls who gave their lives in Cincinnati in '78,
    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Ha, ha...best comedy ever!

Giving Thanks Thread

We have two "annoys you" threads, and the "amuses you" thread.

In honor of Thanksgiving, I would like to create a thread for items that please you and you are thankful for. While it is nice that many places have a certain time to give thanks, one day is not enough. I hope to add my own updates from time to time here.

Last week, I was hired for a new job at a different school. I am really thankful for the chance to work with a new group of students and staff and extremely grateful for my current coworkers and students for preparing me for this new career path.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    We have two "annoys you" threads, and the "amuses you" thread.

In honor of Thanksgiving, I would like to create a thread for items that please you and you are thankful for. While it is nice that many places have a certain time to give thanks, one day is not enough. I hope to add my own updates from time to time here.
    I had a similar idea.

I'm thankful for my mental health. Even as recently as a year ago I was not fully of sound mind.

LookingSkyward is offline Honored Member
    Forum Welcomer Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Thanksgiving

I loved that episode. Classic.

Rather than jump from a helicopter, our turkey just started pole dancing on the grill.

Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Happy Turkey Day!

I ate too much and was given enough leftovers to do it again tomorrow. But they let me walk their dogs 3 miles so it wasn't entirely unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    But they let me walk their dogs 3 miles so it wasn't entirely unhealthy.
    "I had ten pounds of rich food, but I had a carrot too so it wasn't entirely unhealthy."

I'm thankful for my wife, who has supported me and put up with me while I go through a far too long and extraordinarily frustrating period of unemployment, which I am sick and bleeping tired of!

I am thankful for my family and my friends, and for the chance to spend these few days with them here at home.

Some days, we are simply thankful to be alive My wife and I nearly got killed by a madman in a big 350 ford pickup truck which blew right through a red light. My light had been green for 5 seconds at least. I had switched the CD , the car behind me tooted, and I happened to look left and right again , (35MPH speed limit) and this truck blows through at over 60 MPH . I would have got it in the driver's door, Honda accord versus ford truck.
    I'd be dead as well as my wife. ................................... sigh !!!!!
    We have our health and family , and time to enjoy them.
    And time to enjoy my friends here. Something I treasure.
    Live long and prosper.
    Dan

Ah...... well , children laughing, 57 F outside, ( best day this week) , everyone is healthy, perfect turkey , mashed, turnips with a little butter, salt and pepper and a hint of sugar, butternut squash with cinnamon etc, little boiled onions in a white sauce w/spices and a little pecorino romano n cheddar,
    pickles n olives, that nice crunchy Italian ciabatta bread, THE stuffing ,gravy, my home made cranberry orange walnut relish , a superb apple crisp,
    the Patriots are 10 and 0 ( ) and my Nephew is home from the Air Force for a bit. And that's all very nice.

Two threads merged.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Two threads merged.
    Thank you!
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Two threads merged.
    Thanks!

I see what you did there. Thanks for the laugh.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

I am thankful me or my co-worker didn't die getting a table saw out of someones basement today.
    Family.

Aren't they particularly heavy,though. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt and the jacket patch

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    I am thankful me or my co-worker didn't die getting a table saw out of someones basement today.
    Family.
    I'll probably never have one of those, because they scare me. And it's not because of the weight. Therefore, I'm thankful to have all my fingers, especially after cutting a turkey a couple of days ago....
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    Aren't they particularly heavy,though. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt and the jacket patch
    This was one of the old cast iron or steel ones and we had to strip done a bit to even lift it. Add a narrow staircase and couple of brackets and extensions that kept getting caught. Also a door that had to be removed and put back on. Once out the basement it was almost a piece of cake. After tomorrows auction I don't want to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I'll probably never have one of those, because they scare me. And it's not because of the weight. Therefore, I'm thankful to have all my fingers, especially after cutting a turkey a couple of days ago....
    Me too, add chainsaws and circular saws up there too.

I am thankful for being raised by where I was raised and by some the people I have encountered on the way. Even thou I treated some of better ones badly.