View Poll Results: Is the Light Bulb Doomed?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is destined for near-oblivion.

5 29.41%
  • No, it will rule for the forseeable future.

11 64.71%
  • What's a light bulb?

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Light Bulb Doomed?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I take advantage of CFL's to put in 75 or even 100W equivalent bulbs in fixtures rated for only 60. At my age, more light is a very good thing.
    I do the same thing with my light fixtures.

My wife and daughters won't let me put CFLs in the lights above the bathroom mirrors: the green light and their olive skin combine to make them look like LGM.
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    I do the same thing with my light fixtures.

My wife and daughters won't let me put CFLs in the lights above the bathroom mirrors: the green light and their olive skin combine to make them look like LGM.
    it
    They make Daylight CFLs, more of a blueish tinge than a yellow one. This is what we use in my home, we started using CFLs in the house years ago because they don't heat up the house as much. It makes a big difference in the spring and summer.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Krel View Post
    it
    They make Daylight CFLs, more of a blueish tinge than a yellow one. This is what we use in my home, we started using CFLs in the house years ago because they don't heat up the house as much. It makes a big difference in the spring and summer.

David.
    Daylight or Cool White CFLs are what I use often.
    Does anyone use light tubes?