Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NASA's moon exploration ambitions

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    The history of unmanned explorations have tended to raise more questions than answer them.
    It is commonplace for scientific investigations to do that. It's a natural consequence of enlarging the field of investigation, either through greater detail,or greater range. If that is what you are referencing then the concern applies to all science. If you meant something else could you give a couple of illustrative examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclogite View Post
    It is commonplace for scientific investigations to do that. It's a natural consequence of enlarging the field of investigation, either through greater detail,or greater range. If that is what you are referencing then the concern applies to all science. If you meant something else could you give a couple of illustrative examples?
    No I'll stick to unmanned instruments.

No I'll stick to unmanned instruments.
    OK, so you had repeated your statement that unmanned exploration raises more questions than answers. Could you explain what you mean by that?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    OK, so you had repeated your statement that unmanned exploration raises more questions than answers. Could you explain what you mean by that?
    It is rather self explanatory I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Look if you don't believe that unmanned missions bring up more questions than they answer, fine. I'm through with this particular sub topic sub.

Look if you don't believe that unmanned missions bring up more questions than they answer, fine. I'm through with this particular sub topic sub.
    I will be very surprised if both manned and robotic missions don’t bring up more questions than answers. We are exploring new areas. We expect to have more questions than answers.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)