Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 3,691 to 3,703 of 3703

Thread: SpaceX

  1. #3691
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Super Heavy booster rings, waiting for the High Bay to be completed.

    IMG_20201027_151821.jpg

    https://twitter.com/RGVaerialphotos/...93730850963456

  2. #3692
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by docmordrid View Post
    Super Heavy booster rings, waiting for the High Bay to be completed.

    IMG_20201027_151821.jpg

    https://twitter.com/RGVaerialphotos/...93730850963456
    Has there been any notification as to when a test of the SH might take place?

  3. #3693
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,289
    Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    This assumes that the 20.4 B is an all or none among the applicants. Otherwise it is a fraction of NASA's budget. Even if it were split among the parties involved NASA's budget would likely be more. It is a generous amount though.
    The projected $30 billion in revenue would exceed NASA's budget and the article doesn't make it clear if that figure includes any of the potential subsidy money.

  4. #3694
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    The projected $30 billion in revenue would exceed NASA's budget and the article doesn't make it clear if that figure includes any of the potential subsidy money.
    How do you arrive at 30 b?

  5. #3695
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    How do you arrive at 30 b?
    Musk estimates it at $30B by mid-decade, and Morgan Stanley gives it a range of $30-$50B - $80B by the early 2040's.

    Musk also said StarLink would eventually IPO.

    On another topic, Gwynne Shotwell is pushing Starship for orbital debris mitigation.

    https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/10/2...ebris-cleanup/
    Last edited by docmordrid; Today at 03:51 AM.

  6. #3696
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Here a StarLink, there a StarLink, hundreds deployed at a time by Starship Chomper...

    IMG_20201028_023828.jpg

    https://twitter.com/ErcXspace/status...02084738437126

  7. #3697
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19,239
    Has anyone looked into what it would take to build satellites that could handle cell phones directly? I donít mean low data rate sat phones but making it so normal size and cost cell phones (perhaps with some updates) could handle communication anywhere on the planet with handoff to ground cells in high population areas. If feasible, I could see that as a followup to Starlink.

    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

    I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

    The Leif Ericson Cruiser

  8. #3698
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by docmordrid View Post
    Musk estimates it at $30B by mid-decade, and Morgan Stanley gives it a range of $30-$50B - $80B by the early 2040's.

    Musk also said StarLink would eventually IPO.

    On another topic, Gwynne Shotwell is pushing Starship for orbital debris mitigation.

    https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/10/2...ebris-cleanup/
    They will need a lot more than 70k customers.
    ETA. Injusto Koke and hit the wrong number,sorry.

  9. #3699
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by docmordrid View Post
    Musk estimates it at $30B by mid-decade, and Morgan Stanley gives it a range of $30-$50B - $80B by the early 2040's.

    Musk also said StarLink would eventually IPO.

    On another topic, Gwynne Shotwell is pushing Starship for orbital debris mitigation.

    https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/10/2...ebris-cleanup/
    They will need a lot more than 700k customers.

  10. #3700
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    They will need a lot more than 700k customers.
    FCC gave them authorization for 1,000,000 US dishes during the betas, with an upgrade to 5,000,000 being processed. They'll increment as needed.

  11. #3701
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    537
    Engine swap on SN8, and another static fire test soon (today or tomorrow?).

  12. #3702
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,289
    Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    They will need a lot more than 700k customers.
    The 700K is just the Beta test.

  13. #3703
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Engine swap on SN8, and another static fire test soon (today or tomorrow?).
    Methinks they've stood down for a couple days - high winds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •