Page 53 of 209 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 6256

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Today my oldest niece is graduating to high school she also got female mvp for rugby.
    My other niece is going into middle school next year, won't the teachers be surprised by the difference between the two.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

One week from now we begin our Yellowstone roadtrip! I can't wait!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Hey Booboo! Don't forget your pick-a-nic basket!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Stay on the designated trails, please. Don't want to be reading about you in the news.

But have fun.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

Don't feed the bears Have a great trip, Treb . Travel smart and prosper .

I love it when an old joke comes back, usually in a funnier form.

I used to work with some odd people. One woman would come into to work and complain about Mr. Softee coming down her street at 7:30 and waking her baby. She even went so far as to call the company number and complain. From work... I can't tell you how funny that was.

Being a prankster, I made up some Mr. Softee letter head and a fake complaint form and mailed it to her so she could make sure the Mr. Softee truck would turn off the music when near her house. As an added detail, I mailed this to her while on a family trip to Pennsylvania so the envelope had the correct post office markings to look like it really came from the company. She filled out the forms, mailed them and called them to thank them profusely. From work.

Before this, she was known to do a lot of personal business at work and waging war on Mr. Softee became a sort of legend.

Yesterday, I saw a Mr. Softee truck in my in-law's neighborhood and decided to have a little fun. I armed my children, nieces and nephews with $20.00 for ice cream and then went to Youtube to play the Mr. Softee song. Taking it a step further, I told the kids to run out front when I played the song. (We could actually see where Mr. Softee was on the surrounding streets from the backyard. The other adults hadn't picked up on this.) The adults would all jump up and chase after them. After about 5 trips ending in no ice cream, the adult's caught on that I was just playing the song. The punchline came when the grownups stopped running to the front of the house in response to the music, but then the children showed up with ice cream. Magic and bafflement!

In any event I posted the Mr Softee music video on Facebook and wouldn't know you, my old coworker replied with her feelings on Mr. Softee and his music and the fact that the company never took action on those complaint forms. I apologized profusely... and called her voicemail at work and left 30 seconds of the Mr. Softee song as a recording.

Monday, the legend continues...
    Solfe

I found a Jacques Cousteau comic book with amazing art at a used bookstore near our dig. Sadly, it's in Greek, and the Internet is not giving me any evidence that the series was ever published in English, just French, Spanish, and evidently Greek. But as it's a comic, I can follow what's going on fairly well from just the pictures, which, as I said before, are very well-drawn, so it does make me happy.

I filled out a claim with the state Department of Revenue's unclaimed property office; it turns out I had a bank account that still had money in it when I stopped using the bank fifteen years ago, give or take. I was expecting to get between $150 and $200 in September. I checked the mail, and I had a check for just over $600 arrive yesterday.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    ... I had a check for just over $600 arrive yesterday.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

I'm now debating with myself the merits of replacing my computer with one I can afford in the next month or so.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

my youngest neice just graduated from elementary school today.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

My oldest niece is on a road trip with us, just started today. Traffic was terrible, we made about 200 miles less than hoped, and I'm deliriously happy anyhow. Also tired.

Nieces are great, I'm getting to know my younger brother's daughter here who I haven't spent much time with before and next month I'll see my niece from Texas and finally meet her husband, an Aussie immigrant to Texas. It's my Mom's 80th and brother's 50th birthdays a few days apart in July, a bunch of us are getting together in Washington State to celebrate, hopefully there will be no international incident.
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

38 years ago today, Airman Basic PetersCreek reported for basic military training with the 3701st BMTS, Flight 557, Lackland AFB, Texas.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I'm sitting in front of a huge fireplace in the Old Faithful Inn, drinking coffee with my niece, listening to the giant clock slowly ticking. It's lovely.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

50 years ago, Seaman Danscope reported for recruit training at Great Lakes Naval Training Center .There was a bunch of us.
    You get to march..........everywhere !!!!!!!!!

Driving through town on quiet summer evenings, when it's getting late but the sky is that not-quite dark shade of purple and pink, with the windows down. Faint smell of rain wafting on the breeze that is somehow cold and warm at the same time. Radio off, just the sound of hot pavement popping under the wheels.

Mmm, that's lovely. And well written, too.

"You can't erase icing."

Mmm, that's lovely. And well written, too.
    That's a not-so-trivial thing that makes me happy, given the source! Thanks Gillian

Microsoft seem to have finally got the message. One last tearful plea for me to install their free "upgrade" to Windows 10, one final rejection from me, and they've now spontaneously promised they won't bother me with any more of their endless pop-up reminders. Yay!

(Why do I feel it's a trick of some kind?)

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Microsoft seem to have finally got the message. One last tearful plea for me to install their free "upgrade" to Windows 10, one final rejection from me, and they've now spontaneously promised they won't bother me with any more of their endless pop-up reminders. Yay!

(Why do I feel it's a trick of some kind?)

Grant Hutchison
    IT'S A TRAP!

--Akbar, Adm., Ret.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

We're home. We had a wonderful 10-day vacation in wonderful Yellowstone with our wonderful niece, but there's no place like home. We missed the kitties, and vice-versa.

We're home. We had a wonderful 10-day vacation in wonderful Yellowstone with our wonderful niece, but there's no place like home. We missed the kitties, and vice-versa.
    You "missed" my sister and her husband by about 70 miles, I reckon. They drove down from Butte to Dillon, and then into Idaho, while you were in Yellowstone.

Glad to know *you all* had wonderful trips.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

I was probably within ten miles of Gillian this afternoon as well.

Hi Treb , Always good to see you back safe, sound and happy!

The Acropolis Museum is pretty dang sweet.

I was probably within ten miles of Gillian this afternoon as well.
    Depending on when you were there (we went to Graham's sister's wedding yesterday, which was also definitely a happy occasion), if you were on I5 or 101, you were even closer than that. We live by the first exit on 101 past the interchange.

"You can't erase icing."

I5. We SHOULD have taken 101 as advised by Google and the car but went on to Tacoma and took 16 toward Bremerton, running into some traffic issues.

That'll happen. Especially during holiday weekends.

"You can't erase icing."

That'll happen. Especially during holiday weekends.
    Suppose so, but we've done Tacoma to PT literally hundreds of times and never seen it like yesterday. Oh, well, we're home and the kitties are glad to see us.