Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 4,261 to 4,264 of 4264

Thread: Stuff you just don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Someone I once worked with acquired a monstrous SUV truck during a midlife crisis, and attempted to park it in an underground car park he'd used for years. Hanging in the entrance to the car park was a sign, announcing the maximum clearance within. When he realized he couldn't get his SUV under the hanging signboard he got out and flipped it up and over, to rest on the bar it was hanging from. Then he drove under it--and jammed his SUV very firmly under the first concrete cross-beam in the parking area. Yes, the signboard had been positioned at the maximum clearance height.

Grant Hutchison
    So why didn't he just flip the concrete cross-beam up?
    A: "Things that are equal to the same are equal to each other"
    B: "The two sides of this triangle are things that are equal to the same"
    C: "If A and B are true, Z must be true"
    D: "If A and B and C are true, Z must be true"
    E: "If A and B and C and D are true, Z must be true"

Therefore, Z: "The two sides of this triangle are equal to each other"

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Note: Not aimed at any specific politician!

The TV just said the President of the USA is on his way to California to be briefed on the wildfire situation. This is standard procedure; every time there's a major disaster the President is expected to go to the area. All Presidents, always.

What's the point? Is he going to learn anything he couldn't over the phone, or by watching TV? Instead he has to go to an area where emergency services are already severely overloaded and add to their workload to provide security for him and take their leaders away from doing their jobs by talking to him. It's not just pointless, it's counterproductive.

Again: Not just this POTUS, they've all been doing it for decades and I've been annoyed by it just as long.
    You'd think these days they could do it with CGI.
    A: "Things that are equal to the same are equal to each other"
    B: "The two sides of this triangle are things that are equal to the same"
    C: "If A and B are true, Z must be true"
    D: "If A and B and C are true, Z must be true"
    E: "If A and B and C and D are true, Z must be true"

Therefore, Z: "The two sides of this triangle are equal to each other"

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    You'd think these days they could do it with CGI.
    Do what they do on the late night shows, just stand them in front of a green-screen.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Heck, it never occurred to me to have salted caramel flavor in coffee creamer. I didnít even realize that was a thing. I donít drink coffee often, and then I use regular creamer to mellow out the bitterness. Iím usually not that big on added flavorings in tea or coffee.
    I don't drink coffee, though I do occasionally add flavoured syrups to my hot chocolate, when I'm feeling decadent. But surely, if I wanted coffee-flavouring in my drink, I'd drink coffee?

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"