Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is It Time To Move?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    When somebody empties a large caliber handgun into your next door neighbor's house three times in the space of a month? (This was last month.)
    Do you fire back at them?

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Of course, New England will keep you guessing about the weather: will it snow today? will yesterday's snow evaporate in today's 60+F temperatures? Will all winter's snow fall on Tuesday? Will I run into somebody from Finland who will make fun of me complaining about the snow?
    "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute." --Mark Twain
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by corner View Post
    Do you fire back at them?
    Don's too nice. Besides, he doesn't need a gun. He could just throw a sofa at them.
    Last edited by swampyankee; 2014-Jan-16 at 09:57 AM.
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

test

Hope you can find a safe and affordable place, Don.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Don where are you at now ?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    In Alaksa, too. I was on my way to work just a couple of days ago, when I stopped at a traffic light. A cow and calf crossed right in front of me...but responsibly. They had the pedestrian signal and used the crosswalk...unlike those scofflaw, jaywalking moose who cause so many problems.
    Moose are a big problem here too...I lost a relative 9 years ago in such accident.

Prince George, BC. Two-time crime capital of Canada, even the moose are violent.

I live down the road from that town, and just consider it to have a higher proportion of rough types than most places. But murder and disappearances have struck close to home. In small places it is easy to know who victims were, or know someone who did.

Overall, however, I'm more likely to have a dangerous encounter with a moose than with another person.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Hi Don,
    I was just a visitor a few times but just North of you is Oregon, seemed a really nice place to me. There's a complete replica Shakespeare globe theatre, and Crater Lake, and surely no one gets shot in Portland? There's a bicycle powered smoothie business there! Was I mislead? Loads of Californians seem to have done that trip judging from a few conversations. And you still get the Pacific and NPR. On Monday I'm flying, visiting Tulsa Oklahoma, what's that like I wonder?
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

of Greatest Eclipse, Aug. 21 2017 (Kentucky, USA)
    Quote Originally Posted by profloater View Post
    Hi Don,
    I was just a visitor a few times but just North of you is Oregon, seemed a really nice place to me. There's a complete replica Shakespeare globe theatre, and Crater Lake, and surely no one gets shot in Portland? There's a bicycle powered smoothie business there! Was I mislead? Loads of Californians seem to have done that trip judging from a few conversations. And you still get the Pacific and NPR. On Monday I'm flying, visiting Tulsa Oklahoma, what's that like I wonder?
    Vancouver, Washington, is just across the river from Portland. So that's probably been ruled out, too.

A crime scene clean up van was parked in the back of the place this weekend.

I have no idea why.

I'm definitely moving.

It seems that all my neurologists were amazed that I hadn't gone on Social Security years ago and my main one says he has "absolutely no problem signing off on the paperwork". My main neurologist is only waiting until I meet with my epilepsy team as he says their word will carry more weight. Two of the four members of my team are the heads of neurology at two different high-end institutions. I'm meeting with them at the end of the month.

That makes me feel weird. I'm not working and nobody is mad at me or even huffy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    That makes me feel weird. I'm not working and nobody is mad at me or even huffy about it.
    Know the feeling; still not collecting anything when could have had myself declared invalid a couple of decades back. But there's a limit to rugged individualism, and I am quite sure you've put in your dues. No guilt!!