Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do You Complain That Somebody's Gone Overboard With Political Correctness...

Unless my P-51D is somehow doing Mach 2, I'm usually not all that worried about a few inaccuracies in my sims. Historical sims give us a challenging experience without actually being...well...killed or seriously injured. I also don't mind playing without being exposed to disease, parasites, malnutrition, walking for weeks on end in 100 pounds of iron, or the smell of a midden. Similarly, playing a little fast and loose with history can spare players from prejudices against gender, religion, et al. After all...it's a game.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    Unless my P-51D is somehow doing Mach 2, I'm usually not all that worried about a few inaccuracies in my sims. Historical sims give us a challenging experience without actually being...well...killed or seriously injured. I also don't mind playing without being exposed to disease, parasites, malnutrition, walking for weeks on end in 100 pounds of iron, or the smell of a midden. Similarly, playing a little fast and loose with history can spare players from prejudices against gender, religion, et al. After all...it's a game.
    Well said. It's a game, and is supposed to be fun for the participants. If that requires loss of a little historical accuracy, so be it.

One of my annual pumpkin hurling events is held in conjunction with a medieval faire. They have knights in full plate armor doing full contact jousting. All but one of whom, last year, were female. Would there have been female knights in the middle ages? Ok, Joan of Arc and all that, but generally no. That didn't make the event any less awesome.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Correct someone's grammar, and you risk being guilty of something called micro-aggression