Thread: Spinning Silhouette Optical Illusion

Spinning Silhouette Optical Illusion

This is pretty neat, the spinning dancer seems to be rotating clockwise when you first look, but if you stare long enough she appears to reverse direction. The best way seems to be to look at the shadow of her foot.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Spinning-...-Illusion.html
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by starcanuck64 View Post
    This is pretty neat, the spinning dancer seems to be rotating clockwise when you first look, but if you stare long enough she appears to reverse direction. The best way seems to be to look at the shadow of her foot.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Spinning-...-Illusion.html
    I couldn't make her go counter-clockwise no matter how long I looked or how hard I tried.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I saw this on braingames, where they superimposed a real girls image over the top--it was the only way I could see the other rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I couldn't make her go counter-clockwise no matter how long I looked or how hard I tried.
    I looked at the shadow of the foot then imagined that going counter-clockwise and after a few minutes the silhouette "flipped" direction.

Reading some of the stuff on the link from pzkpfw, it's not really a right/left brain phenomena apparently, but has to do with how we process 3D.
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology