Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Soon to be single again...

  1. #1
    Guest

    Soon to be single again...

    Well guys, Mrs T's got her mortgage sorted out. All it needs is for me to find a place to stay - something to keep me busy come January?...Here's to being single again. That goes for both of us!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,479
    "Hooray for singlehood!" says me, as I look for a girlfriend. Heh.

  3. #3
    Guest
    Aye to that!!! =D> =D> =D>

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,479
    You know. Just 'cause, I'm going to take this opportunity to express how much I hate girls.

    Why must they be so distracting, eh? WHY!?!?
    *sigh*
    How's a guy to study when he has a pretty face looking at him from across the table?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    16,599
    You can always study her face...
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    <Sigh>

    I HATE being Single!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454
    I love being single.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    I love being single.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454
    Perhaps, you should try it before being so sad.

    What I find amazing, is that I was brought up to think a man will take care of me.

    Well, I got to the age of 35 and noticed this ain't happening. I guess I better fend for myself.

    So I checked into buying a home. I cleaned up my credit report. I saved up enough for a down payment. I BOUGHT A HOME.

    It's ok to be single. I hope you know that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ut
    You know. Just 'cause, I'm going to take this opportunity to express how much I hate girls.

    Why must they be so distracting, eh? WHY!?!?
    *sigh*
    How's a guy to study when he has a pretty face looking at him from across the table?
    Have you tried being gay?

    *flutters his eyelashes*

    :wink:

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,187
    Just wondering what y'all consider single. The definition is unmarried/lacking a partner (yourdictionary.com). But that can cover a whole range of uncertainties. Right now I don't officially have a "boyfriend" so I consider myself single. But if I were to meet someone and we were to decide to date only each other, I'd consider myself not single, and off the market. But the government considers me single until I'm married. (not looking to start a fight about that, here!) And then if that were to end, I wouldn't be officially single again, but divorced or a widow. BUT, I don't care what everyone's various governments have to say about your state of singlehood. I just am curious what you, yourself, consider!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    218
    I like being single. It beats the alternative... being whupped.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tattum
    Well guys, Mrs T's got her mortgage sorted out. All it needs is for me to find a place to stay - something to keep me busy come January?...Here's to being single again. That goes for both of us!
    Congratulations!

    Enjoy that wonderful state known as freedom!

    =D>

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie
    Just wondering what y'all consider single. The definition is unmarried/lacking a partner (yourdictionary.com). But that can cover a whole range of uncertainties. Right now I don't officially have a "boyfriend" so I consider myself single. But if I were to meet someone and we were to decide to date only each other, I'd consider myself not single, and off the market. But the government considers me single until I'm married. (not looking to start a fight about that, here!) And then if that were to end, I wouldn't be officially single again, but divorced or a widow. BUT, I don't care what everyone's various governments have to say about your state of singlehood. I just am curious what you, yourself, consider!
    I'm writing a research paper on single rights as I type (I might cator it toward gay rights - I don't want to, but the research is already done). It's due in two weeks.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    16,599
    Not being single does not necessarily mean not being free...
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,364
    I've never been married and I don't plan on it either - I like being single.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,479
    By my gauge, if you're "a couple", then you're not single.

    I like being single. Everything's about me, and I'm more than capable of standing on my own two feet.
    I also like not being single. Being wanted is a good feeling.

    But right now, it's all driving me nuts. My ex-girlfriend was rather manipulative. I love her, but she ended up not being a very nice person. In many ways, she smothered me, and I'm just reviving all those unconscious bits of me that I've missed for so long. It's a time when I WANT to be on my own. And then bam, biology.

    I hate biology.


    Zap, there's no point in not being single if you can't enjoy singlehood. In fact, enjoying singlehood is probably the best way to lose it. Murphy's law, you know

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    Not being single does not necessarily mean not being free...
    Your logic there seems a little k"not"ty... :wink:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tattum
    Well guys, Mrs T's got her mortgage sorted out. [edit]
    Pardon me if this seems like prying, but, does this mean she got the house? No answer required if this is too personal. Just comparing notes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    Not being single does not necessarily mean not being free...
    Your logic there seems a little k"not"ty... :wink:
    You're naughty. 8-[

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    16,599
    Your logic there seems a little k"not"ty...


    I put it that way because it is often suggested you need to be single to be free. Of course you don't have some freedoms when you're a couple, but there come new freedoms with it too.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    628
    I've been married for 17 years.

    One thing I realise is that my wife, bless her, wouldn't set the world of beauty and fashion alight, but if she had been a ravishing beauty when I married her she would have gone off like a tin of bad fish by now.

    Women do.

    But instead, as I see my 60th birthday nor too far away I also see a woman who will be great to be with..in old age.

    So I won't be old, sad and lonely.

    My wife is upset this week.

    Her mother died on Saturday. She was 91 and went in her sleep.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tattum
    Well guys, Mrs T's got her mortgage sorted out. All it needs is for me to find a place to stay - something to keep me busy come January?...Here's to being single again. That goes for both of us!
    Would you say that Mrs. T 'Pities da fool dat aint single!'

    hehehehe

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Chelmsford
    My wife is upset this week.

    Her mother died on Saturday. She was 91 and went in her sleep.
    I'm sorry, Richard, I know the depression having just experienced my maternal grandparents death. Her death has triggered something in my mother that is indescribable.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kebsis
    Would you say that Mrs. T 'Pities da fool dat aint single!'

    hehehehe
    You may need to be an American to get that joke--- or at least have a taste for bad (redundant?) 80's American TV dramas.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Chelmsford
    My wife is upset this week.

    Her mother died on Saturday. She was 91 and went in her sleep.
    I'm sorry, Richard, I know the depression having just experienced my maternal grandparents death. Her death has triggered something in my mother that is indescribable.
    What, both of them?

    Don't worry about your mum..she'll get over it.

    My mum was only 65 when she died so we had to get over that.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by pghnative
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebsis
    Would you say that Mrs. T 'Pities da fool dat aint single!'

    hehehehe
    You may need to be an American to get that joke--- or at least have a taste for bad (redundant?) 80's American TV dramas.
    Would it be the A-Team?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Chelmsford
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Chelmsford
    My wife is upset this week.

    Her mother died on Saturday. She was 91 and went in her sleep.
    I'm sorry, Richard, I know the depression having just experienced my maternal grandparents death. Her death has triggered something in my mother that is indescribable.
    What, both of them?

    Don't worry about your mum..she'll get over it.

    My mum was only 65 when she died so we had to get over that.
    My mom is still alive, she's just gone nuts (THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER REASONS THAT WERE CATALIST).

  29. #29
    Guest

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tattum
    Well guys, Mrs T's got her mortgage sorted out. [edit]
    Pardon me if this seems like prying, but, does this mean she got the house? No answer required if this is too personal. Just comparing notes.
    We're sorting things out on our own, mate...As long as I get away with enough to clear all my credit-card debts and start a new life, that's enough for me. I'm too old for being acrimonious about things. What's the point?

    Also, my offspring will still have their "family home" in the family...

  30. #30
    Guest

    Re: Soon to be single again...

    Quote Originally Posted by pghnative
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebsis
    Would you say that Mrs. T 'Pities da fool dat aint single!'

    hehehehe
    You may need to be an American to get that joke--- or at least have a taste for bad (redundant?) 80's American TV dramas.
    That one went right past me!!!

Similar Threads

  1. 30 year old single dad!
    By StrangeBrew in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-Jan-30, 10:46 PM
  2. Single Top Quark is Produced
    By trinitree88 in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2009-Nov-14, 04:38 PM
  3. What is your single favorite web page?
    By Tom Mazanec in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-Dec-11, 04:15 PM
  4. Most stars are single
    By ToSeek in forum Astronomy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2006-Feb-01, 07:58 AM
  5. A sad day for single dreamers....
    By TimH in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2004-Dec-23, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •