Thread: Th Big Picture?

Th Big Picture?

I hear so many times about the "Big Picture"; I use the term myself far-more often than I'd like to. Does anyone out there know what it actually is?? #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o 8-[ 8-[

that's that 4.5 Gigapixel picture online where you can see my house (spoken of in another babbling thread some weeks ago) 8)
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

I know what big head means.

Here's a big thumb.

When I asked a Sioux tribal member whether there was any meaning to a deer darting across the highway in front of me, just missing it at 60 mph, while enroute to a tribal workshop, he looked at me, and with a broad sweep of his hand, replied, "The struggle always, is to see the big picture", and walked away.

Re: Th Big Picture?

Reminds of a scene toward the end of the movie Little Big Man, with a dialog between Chief Dan George and Dustin Hoffman.

[Grandfather, who has laid himself down to die, wakes up]
    Grandfather: Am I still in this world?
    Jack Crabb: Yes, Grandfather.
    Grandfather: [groans] I was afraid of that. Well, sometimes the magic works, sometimes it does not.

Yes, yes---great scene; thanks for reminding!

In Australia we have the Big Banana, the Big Pineapple, the Big Lobster, the big Trout, the big Potato and the Big Merino. We have the Giant Worm, the Big Milk Bottle, the Big Bull and scores of other "big" things constructed of fibreglass that attract tourists and relieve them of modest sums of money in exchange for postcards.

We have no Big Picture though ... I sense a gap in the market :-k

Quote Originally Posted by sarongsong
    When I asked a Sioux tribal member whether there was any meaning to a deer darting across the highway in front of me, just missing it at 60 mph, while enroute to a tribal workshop, he looked at me, and with a broad sweep of his hand, replied, "The struggle always, is to see the big picture", and walked away.
    I take it, that's a no then???

Many a Britsh politician resorts to the "Big Picture" when in need of inspiration. I think! 8-[

It's the one hanging up there on the wall of life, next to the grand scheme of things.