Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dreamland

Last night I dreamed of taking some Tums for heartburn. Then I woke up and did just that. I frequently dream of needing to urinate when my bladder is full.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Many dreams are due to that--or so a co-worker once told me--which burst my bubble of there being a separate dream world I had waxed philosophically about....

Last night I had a dream I was teaching am introduction course to astronomy.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I dreamed about trying to handle a model of ISS.

It broke.

Maybe we will all wake up....soon
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b.../is-life-dream

Had a dream where somehow I could afford one Phils science getaways to Australia and New Zealand. One the bus to the plane I see someone I think I recognize but there isn't any of the people who I would of thought would be going. Eventually find out the person I recognize is and old friend who I haven't been able to contact in years, then while in the hotel lobby before seeing any of the sites I wake up.

Did you know railroad employees will organize a funeral train with the casket, floral displays, and mourners on flat cars; moving slowly through the city? I didn't either until about 3:00 this morning.

I just had a dream where I was walking my road and there is a point where there is a set of high power lines that have clearing around them and you can see to the next ridge. Well this day there is someone cutting down a small dead tree with a chainsaw. As I pass he pops up and kind of looks like the uncle from my favorite martian and asks who I was and where I live and then another guy pops up, I know this guy I worked with him at the call center. I ask if they had any water to spare because my drink had long gone. They said yes and as the guy was giving a tour of the place and old building just about to fall down and how they were trying to keep it up. But I started to sneeze and the older guy looked annoyed and as I said to guy I use to work with that I should be going because I was annoying the guy my alarm went off.
    (I dreams can be a mish mash of thoughts and memories I wonder what this was because I can't remember anything like this happening. )

Can't remember how the dream started but it ended up me in a parking lot trying to fond my mothers car. Found but everytime I got close to get I ended up further away. And some how the ground went straight up, there were ladders but the all seemed too narrow for me to climb, then I woke up.

A really strange dream.

I was overseas, and there were groups of people who loved to flip over double decker cars. Some were stretchlimo El Camino deals with other wrecks on them--some were very nice custom built two layer ambulances, where a nice woman handed me a fizzy drink.

Later I was on the beach--and yet...at the same time, sitting on the carpet of my parents home.--surrounded by baby snakes. I managed to shoo most of them away--but one bit my houseshoe...

As I'm sure I've said before in this thread, if I could be half as creative awake as when I'm sleeping, I'd be a zillionaire author or screenwriter. As long as the audience didn't expect my creations to actually make any sense.

For whatever reason, recent dreams that I've remembered have involved going in to work. (I'm retired now.) I've been aware that some new construction has been planned and the memorable dreams have tended to be about that. In them, the elevator and the stairwell went to different floors, but not the ones I wanted, and the stairwell had scary gaps in it. As I recall, getting to the floor where I wanted to go was a challenge. The dream layout of the building was quite different from reality, but it seemed right while I was dreaming.

Has anyone experienced "lucid dreaming"? I haven't quite, although several times in the past couple of months I've managed to realize that I was dreaming. Unfortunately as soon as I realized that, I immediately woke up. Those have tended to be my more memorable dreams, although they've also faded with time. Recently I had a dream where I thought I had awakened, but then realized I was still dreaming and decided I really wanted to be awake. With a curse, I then actually woke up. So close, but yet so far....
    Selden

I have a lucid dream about once or twice a year. I can never stay asleep for long. Nothing exciting ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by selden View Post
    For whatever reason, recent dreams that I've remembered have involved going in to work. (I'm retired now.) I've been aware that some new construction has been planned and the memorable dreams have tended to be about that. In them, the elevator and the stairwell went to different floors, but not the ones I wanted, and the stairwell had scary gaps in it. As I recall, getting to the floor where I wanted to go was a challenge. The dream layout of the building was quite different from reality, but it seemed right while I was dreaming.

Has anyone experienced "lucid dreaming"? I haven't quite, although several times in the past couple of months I've managed to realize that I was dreaming. Unfortunately as soon as I realized that, I immediately woke up. Those have tended to be my more memorable dreams, although they've also faded with time. Recently I had a dream where I thought I had awakened, but then realized I was still dreaming and decided I really wanted to be awake. With a curse, I then actually woke up. So close, but yet so far....
    Since retirement, I have work dreams like that as well, I've posted about them in this thread. They've largely replaced the school ones. I do occasionally have lucid dreams. When they are getting scary I tell myself to wake up.

Last night I dreamed that to get into my house, you enter *99 into the keypad on a little lockbox, take out the key that's inside and use it to open another little lockbox, and then you get the key to the front door. I also learned my one-level house has an awesome massive basement. Oh, and that trains in 1860's had great mobile telephones.

I had an extended and very graphic erotic dream last night. That's really very unusual for me.

Last night I was flying around into a B-52 turned into a firefighting tanker. I was cruising over the city I grew up in looking for fires, which was tricky because someone had put a roof over the whole thing. With no poles or anything holding it up; I just had to stay below it.
    Oh, and did you know an entire B-52 can pass through a three-foot-wide doorway? Because it did.
    The interesting thing about these dreams is I'm critiquing how stupid they are as I go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    As I'm sure I've said before in this thread, if I could be half as creative awake as when I'm sleeping, I'd be a zillionaire author or screenwriter. As long as the audience didn't expect my creations to actually make any sense.
    Go into advertising. Creativity doesn't have to make any sense in that business, from what I've seen.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Bad dream this time. I dreamed I had snagged a table at a swap meet and broke everything....

I found out my daughter has the same talent I do for being aware of being a sleep. My wife is a nurse and if they call her off or call her in, they do so between 4:30 and 5:30. The other day my wife got the call to stay home and my daughter heard her on the phone.

She said: "Why do they call so early!" My wife though she was scared and tried to comfort her. My daughter became more upset and demanded to speak to me. My wife tried to tell her I was asleep but then my daughter drifted off into some sort of dream-logic stuff about our cat and car. My wife hit the bathroom and went back to bed.

This morning when I woke up, my wife started to tell me about it, but I stopped her as I heard the whole thing over my snoring. What is weirder is, my daughter reported that she heard me talking about the cat and the car and she believed that she was addressing me instead of my wife. I recall saying I needed to start the car and take the cat to the vet next week. This must have happened when my wife was in the bathroom and must have been loud enough for my daughter to hear.

Now my wife is spooked because my car battery died as I haven't driven it in a couple of weeks and the cat passed away this morning. Those were pure coincidences, nothing to do with dreaming. In fact, I was on the phone with the vet when the cat started acting strangely and then passed quickly. Stroke, I think. She was elderly.
    Solfe

I was watching a show on the history channel about the Japanese aircraft carrier Pace, a converted passenger liner. When there was a commercial I got up to go to the bathroom and realized there was no such ship or show; it was a dream.
    I was dreaming about being in the bathroom as well.

I was watching a show on the history channel about the Japanese aircraft carrier Pace, a converted passenger liner. When there was a commercial I got up to go to the bathroom and realized there was no such ship or show; it was a dream.
    I was dreaming about being in the bathroom as well.
    I hope you didn't believe that part of the dream too completely!

Ha! I frequently dream about going to the bathroom if my bladder is getting full while sleeping, but I haven't had any accidents yet!

Last night I was flying around into a B-52 turned into a firefighting tanker. I was cruising over the city I grew up in looking for fires, which was tricky because someone had put a roof over the whole thing. With no poles or anything holding it up; I just had to stay below it.
    Oh, and did you know an entire B-52 can pass through a three-foot-wide doorway? Because it did.
    The interesting thing about these dreams is I'm critiquing how stupid they are as I go along.
    Being on an aeroplane taking off in a relatively constrained space, such as with tall trees on both sides of the runway, with branches overhanging, such that it has to find the correct “break” before moving skyward, is a relatively common one for me.

Also being in an automobile which, with heave brake pressure applied, does indeed slow down, but just refuses to stop completely, going through traffic lights or stop signs, forcing hard turns as the road curves, etc. - that one is quite common also. It takes longer than an oil tanker to stop.

Falling asleep with the television on generates quite a few, as some heavily modified version of the programming penetrates the brain. I can’t help but wonder whether sleeping with the television news on is responsible for many “premonitions”.
    A: "Things that are equal to the same are equal to each other"
    B: "The two sides of this triangle are things that are equal to the same"
    C: "If A and B are true, Z must be true"
    D: "If A and B and C are true, Z must be true"
    E: "If A and B and C and D are true, Z must be true"

Therefore, Z: "The two sides of this triangle are equal to each other"

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    Falling asleep with the television on generates quite a few, as some heavily modified version of the programming penetrates the brain. I can’t help but wonder whether sleeping with the television news on is responsible for many “premonitions”.
    I have had premonitions all my life. The only commonality to them is, they're almost always wrong. I'm anti-psychic!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I dreamed that I had access to Trek movie models that never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    I dreamed that I had access to Trek movie models that never existed.
    Maybe Bond movie models would have been better!

Years ago I had a dream about a good new Star Trek series that felt so real it was a little hard for me to accept it wasn’t when I woke up. For a while I was wondering if I had worked in aspects of a non Trek show or story into my dream.

A week or two ago I had a dream where I was talking to my mother, and she didn’t talk much, mostly listened. I realized I was dreaming and talked about that in my dream but I didn’t remember she had died years ago until I woke up. It’s interesting how you can be aware of some things and not others while dreaming, even things that would seem obvious.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I’ve had what I call shallow dreams where I “wake up” in different bedrooms of different homes-each of which somehow familiar

This morning I dreamt that a 7:11 am I woke up checked my for the time and went back to sleep. Then I had this dream where I was walking in the woods. The path I normally use comes out onto this driveway section, where the neighbors have a barn that was used for a couple of businesses. I am down in the woods with a couple of dogs that haven't been around for over decade. I got about half down what is a long driveway where there is a path for ATVs and there is a brown fuzzy thing and I know it is a bear cub. I keep going hopefully not to run into mama bear, I walking backwards and the path now seems about a kilometer long instead of the 20 m it is and the dogs are brothering the cub and keep trying to call them. And then mama shows up on her back legs growling and trying to get the dogs from the cub and a second cub shows up on the path I just was on. The dogs go silent and then the mother bear. One of the cubs tries to follow me but I keep yelling for it to go away and then I wake up, And look for the cell phone but it is one desk.

This morning I had a dream where I was working at a new bar and one of the patrons was Neill DeGrasse Tyson. And on one of the first nights I left a note about Pluto behind the bar and in the morning NDT saw the note we started to talk about the demotion and some guy in a bow tie was there too. Now time to finish the cheerios and blackberiies.

At some point last night I was explaining to a group of people how to play cricket.

I know basically nothing whatsoever about cricket.