Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dreamland

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    This morning I had a dream where I was working at a new bar and one of the patrons was Neill DeGrasse Tyson. And on one of the first nights I left a note about Pluto behind the bar and in the morning NDT saw the note we started to talk about the demotion and some guy in a bow tie was there too. Now time to finish the cheerios and blackberiies.
    A ...science guy?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    At some point last night I was explaining to a group of people how to play cricket.

I know basically nothing whatsoever about cricket.
    For an American that certainly seems to be a pretty weird thing to dream about! I can't imagine that I would ever dream about telling people how to play American Football. Of course now I have said that I probably will have such a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    A ...science guy?
    My first thought as well.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    A ...science guy?
    yup.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Albert Einstein and I were in the same bowling league and I was wondering if I should use his first name when addressing him.

I keep dreaming that I live in different homes—all of them flooding with water.

A couple of nights ago, I and some friends were riding on bullocks. Specifically "bullocks", not any other way to say cattle. I'm not even sure what a "bullock" is, same as a steer, I suppose. Anyhow, at first we weren't, then we were, then we mooved on to something else.

Last night we were having the antiques delivered that we had purchased from NASA, which had recovered them from space. There were quite a lot of them and the delivery men, who were wearing formal suits and white gloves, had set up a table in the middle of our living room for display. Nothing spacey about the antiques, just the sort of china and stuff you'd see in an antique store. I asked how they had gotten to space but didn't get an answer.

I shall now go to Wikipedia and look up "bullock".

Not sure if I mentioned this before here (it seems like I might have somewhere), but I’ve been dreaming more about being able to levitate. Typically in my dream I just stand up and decide to levitate, sometimes a few inches above the ground and sometimes move far up, always in a standing position. I’m guessing it is just pretty easy mentally to imagine myself moving around without having to imagine walking or running. It can feel so obvious and real, one time when I woke up I got out of bed, stood and tried to levitate just to see if it was possible. I wasn’t surprised but was a little disappointed when it didn’t work.

Huh, that actually gives me a story idea I don’t recall ever seeing.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Adding to the above, does anyone ever encounter speed limits in their dreams or when mentally visualizing objects? For instance, sometimes when I imagine levitating in a dream I try to go faster, but seem to have limits to how quickly I can visualize changing walls, landscape, etc. moving around me. Also if I am awake and, for instance, trying to mentally rotate a well known car or other object, I can seem to only do it so fast before it becomes a meaningless jumble.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I don’t seem to fly more than a few miles per hour.

In one dream, I was an empty robed spectre floating inches above my parent’s old gravel drive.

As I neared the road it was all I could do to elevate myself a few feet higher to pass over the roof of a nearby house—no traffic on the road thankfully.

I had one dream where a spacecraft filled with liquid CS working fluid emerged from the nozzle as silicon dioxide—tear gas into sand since they were about the same weight or something...

This morning I had a couple of dreams about driving. One I go to a university and met with an administrator and talk and sign some papers. Then I was suppose to take a technician with me somewhere, we go out the parking lot and my car keeps changing, they all look like hot wheels or stuff Hanna Barbara, I drop off the tech somewhere and realize I have no where to stay.

The other dream I am coming home and there is car stopped at an intersection, by my house up a hill. I yell "sir, do you need a hand." Then notice it i a woman and she gets it going and then a delivery van get between us. Then the first two slow and stops, she must have a manual and stalling the engine. As I was going in my driveway I am suddenly on the other end of town. I pass a stream and it is high for this time of year, I want to stop to take a picture but miss the parking lot in front of the old axe factory that is on the side of the stream.

I was working for the Jeopardy game show and we were recruiting the relatives of past champions hoping that they'd also be smart.

I was in a bicycle race last night. As I rode I had to twirl a tennis ball on a string in circles alongside me. That would be a cool addition to the Tour de France!

A couple of weeks ago I dreamed of eating pancakes with molasses on them. We used to do that when I was a kid, but I haven't tasted molasses in about 60 years. Until this morning, because I bought some at the store and had it on my Eggos. Pretty good!

Odd, mom made biscuits the other day and I tried some biscuits and molasses and I liked it.

I was having some sort of weird dream when the alarm went off this morning. I had a hard time waking up and felt all tired. Still do, in fact, more than an hour later. Ugh.

Yesterday I had a dream where I went to a city to work for the auction. This also happened to be a city where I went to university. We had to set up the auction in a warehouse like building, so while during some time off from the auction I decided to try to met up off with some old astronomy people. They happened to be at the same building as the auction, they were actually selling stuff through the auction and they were sitting besides some of the books and stuff they were selling, a lot of the other stuff was the kind of stuff sold thru the auction. Then I saw an old professor and asked if was a good idea for me to come back and they said no and I woke up.

I've been reading my usual age-of-sail historical novels so I dreamed one last night. All the way through I was critiquing what the "author" had gotten wrong about the ship!

Did you know that newspapers have puzzles which require converting numbers to base 8? They do in my dreams!

A game requiring octal? Sounds like it could be interesting if done right. Heck, there probably are octal games somewhere. One of the first programs I ever wrote, before I had a full fledged computer, was for my Ti-59 programable calculator. It was a program to convert numbers between base 2-26 to and from decimal. The Ti-59 had up to a thousand program steps and a language that was similar in some ways to assembly language but was extremely slow. But that would have been in 1977.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser