Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post
    Neh? If you look at it per person it's not bad. Although rice paddies do put out a bit of methane. Despite having a lot of coal I doubt they'll ever get up to the highest Japanese levels of CO2 emissions per capita. High oil prices are one reason.
    Hi, Ronald, you are quite correct.

what I think the global economy is vastly suffered with the oil prices, and cycle of the world economy is mostly affected in the chain of the development through the verious parameteres of economic growth of the world. even America too is facing such problem of "High oil prices per barrel", what happen see, if the oil is costly then the production cost become more higher and then inflation occurs and then the economic growth may also hamper or go in the minus, But the economic planning of America do not go in loss since the exports are heavy, if there are good exports then the losses can be dilute, but when the exports going to downsize and imports grows then the economic planning may be in jeopardy.

In India too the economic planning and its parameteres are changing after "post globalization", every member country of the general agreement and trade and tariff (GATT) are experiencing the different situation, but their experience is mostly "their economies are growing rapidly. And even in America the per capita income is going very higher. These are all fruits of globalization, but in all the things "oil prices may hamper world economy" ( as far as costs of different commodities are concern).

Quote Originally Posted by Disinfo Agent View Post
    Yep, civilisation is full of hot air.
    I thought we were blaming that on the cows?

EDIT: And people who put beans in their chili.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post
    You mean the whole town has brown water and not just my place? No wonder I had trouble explaining to the landlord that there was something wrong.

I also like you description of Adelaide as a "town"

I also like you description of Adelaide as a "town"
    It's a town! We are no longer required by the truth in advertising commission to put the word country before the word town any more.

somewhere I have heard that the people who are from science stream are poor in economics, I don't know the exact reason, even my brother who was Bsc was very poor in economics, he had a phobia that he will probably wrong in the competitive exam where the economics was one of the subject, he was mostly worried about the diagrams in the paper of economics, He was only know the diagrams like amiba, protozua,algi,fungi etc. But today we are watching that the different streams people can take interest in vast fields like economics, statistic, mathematics, zoology, botony, microbiology, geology and in other fields.

Quote Originally Posted by suntrack2 View Post
    somewhere I have heard that the people who are from science stream are poor in economics
    i do not know why this should be because many technicals skills needed for success in economics are similar to skills needed in many science fields but what can i say physics is one of these fields where everyone is the worlds leading expert sometimes i think every taxi driver has proven the theory of relativity wrong in his spare time economics is the same way for some reason that i do not understand people who have no knowledge training or expertise in economics decide they will now lecture everyone on their new economic theories and if you try to tell them real economics they will not listen because they understand science therefore they are rational so whatever comes from their mouths must be great wisdom and they have no clue how idiotic they sound when they do not understand the most basic principles of economics but continue pompously to declaim their expertise in this field then they say anyone who does not agree is stupid i guess it never occurs to them that maybe other people disagree because they understand economics

Gewd gawd, PUNCTUATE!

I'm afraid ad hominem is aiming at the dubious honor of being the most prolific unread poster on the board.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Succeeding too...