Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the most banned friends?

Who has the most banned friends?

Inspired by looking at someone's profile page and noticing that this person seemed to have a lot of friends with something in common . . .

I only have two banned members on my "friends" list. Surely someone can do better.

Provoking your friends until they get banned is a legitimate tactic for winning this thread. But be careful, if you are not subtle enough, you might get banned instead.

Also, sending "friend" requests to posters you think are about to get banned is perfectly legitimate. But make sure you do it before it is too late.
    Trigger warning - this post may contain information that some members disagree with. It might also end sentences with prepositions.

I have one.

Also, if you start to get "friend" requests from mods and admins - maybe they're playing the game
    Trigger warning - this post may contain information that some members disagree with. It might also end sentences with prepositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I have one.
    We might be tied after the mods see this thread!

Hmm. I foresee an extra step before banning spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Also, if you start to get "friend" requests from mods and admins - maybe they're playing the game
    Booo! You take all the fun out of it!

ETA: I've got 2! But then, I got a mod as friend, that must be -1, and even an admin... -2? What about someone who was banned for a looong time, does that get me above 0?

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    What about someone who was banned for a looong time, does that get me above 0?
    Not in this thread, but certainly you can start another game!

Anyone out there planning to have a melt down, please send me a "friend" request first.

Let a spammer get away

So whatever happened to the custom that was prevalent a while back, whenever someone got banned, everyone tap danced on the grave, and started to say things like, "Obviously this person wasn't ready for our superior intellect and scientific awesomeness" and other such self-congratulatory rubbish? Doesn't seem like people here do that any more.

Arg, missed madus, that should have been an easy one

Failed to pick up eanassir

If that's your goal, just look for users with names like "sqew2wfxq" - they're all spammers and almost certainly will eventually be banned.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    But then, I got a mod as friend...
    Hey, so do I.

What about someone who was banned for a looong time, does that get me above 0?
    I'm getting a rather warm sensation involving my ears.
    Last edited by R.A.F.; 2012-Nov-29 at 04:29 PM. Reason: tried to make "joke" funny
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

You can't send someone a friend request while they're still a "Newbie".

SW of the town of Maricopa, AZ. This is in the southern Arizona desert.
    I have one moderator, one banned, but what really puts me over the top and into safe land is that I have Buttercup as a friend.
    problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back (Piet Hein)
    I cook with wine, and sometime I even add it to the food. (W.C. Fields)
    I don't ask stupid questions. I just make stupid statements!!!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
    All truths are simple to understand, once they are found. The challenge is finding them. (attrib. to Galileo)

Quote Originally Posted by AstroRockHunter View Post
    I have one moderator, one banned, but what really puts me over the top and into safe land is that I have Buttercup as a friend.
    Only one in absolute numbers, but on a percentage basis, you are doing very well.

Aww, that's very sweet (made my day). ^_^ Thank you!

I have Buttercup as a friend.
    As do I, which might cause her to pull ahead in this game at some time in the future.

Not everyone can afford to be banned. If a non banned person tries to friend me I'll give them no worse treatment than someone that had been banned. Why can't we all be friends? Don't discriminate.

I would propose a slight change in scoring to make this more interesting since simply blanket-friending everyone will by fiat make you win, whereas making the scoring such that you are rewarded for accurately picking out those that would get banned (and not those that don't) would seem better. It also becomes more obvious whether someone would get banned or not as their post count increases so some factor like where is their post count seems appropriate.

So if the set of all posters is denoted as you would be choosing a friend list that maximizes where if is banned and if is not banned, with being the post count of .

Quote Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
    I would propose a slight change in scoring to make this more interesting since simply blanket-friending everyone will by fiat make you win, whereas making the scoring such that you are rewarded for accurately picking out those that would get banned (and not those that don't) would seem better. It also becomes more obvious whether someone would get banned or not as their post count increases so some factor like where is their post count seems appropriate.

So if the set of all posters is denoted as you would be choosing a friend list that maximizes where if is banned and if is not banned, with being the post count of .

We're not geeks.... much...

At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
    Sorry, but your math is off.

That should be X, not P.

The square root of 58 has to be factored in as well.

Forgive me for this shameless display of genius, but sometimes I can't hide the Einstein in me.

Captain: Scotty, we need more banned friends up here!
    Scotty: I'm giv'n er all she's got Cap'n!

Quote Originally Posted by FarmMarsNow View Post
    Captain: Scotty, we need more banned friends up here!
    Hi! Wanna be friends?

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Thanks, Lion!

With Aster, I move up to three.

It seems it is possible to have someone on your friends list and ignore list at the same time.

Wouldn't this depend on what kind of a banned you play in? If it's a big banned, you'd have lots of friends.

As above, so below

I'm up to five. People just don't get banned like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarawak View Post
    So whatever happened to the custom that was prevalent a while back, whenever someone got banned, everyone tap danced on the grave, and started to say things like, "Obviously this person wasn't ready for our superior intellect and scientific awesomeness" and other such self-congratulatory rubbish? Doesn't seem like people here do that any more.
    Oh those good old days.

You mean we don't get to judge you by the friends you've made? Darn!

Is there a prize for the most friends when you get banned? I could chum up with people and then go on a swear-a-thon . . .