Thread: Login Issues

Unhappy Login Issues

Hello. For the past day or so I have tried to log in using my username and password. I was not successful. Today for no apparent reason I am successful.

Does anyone know what I might have been doing wrong in the past or what might have been wrong with your web site?

Thanks for any and all responses
    Bye
    SC

I'm not aware of any site issues to do with logging in. What happened when you tried to log in?

(Thread moved from the Babbling forum, with a redirect)

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Hello..thanks for responding. The login function did not except my username and password. Maybe for some reason it was typed in wrong. Right now I do not seem to have a problem. But before it would not except what I typed in. Then the 'using up your login attempts' dialog box shows up...suggesting that maybe I change my password.
    Thanks for any further responses or suggestions
    Bye
    SC

All I can think of is maybe you had capslock on, or maybe your browser remembered a login/password from a different site.. It's got to be something local to your machine, or we would have the population howling at us

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Heh, no we wouldn't. They wouldn't be able to log in.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

As a suggestion, the next time you log in, click the Remember Me box next to the Login boxes. This will store the correct Login info for next time.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board