Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147
Results 4,381 to 4,383 of 4383

Thread: What are you watching?

I can't wait to watch Lost in Space. Apparently this is the final season. That is annoying, but I will see it through.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the show. I binged a good number of episodes over a couple days but I took an extended break. I stopped early in the second season but plan to get back to it soon.
    I wonder how Gene Kranz feels about his alternate-universe personae. In both The Apollo Murders and For All Mankind his character seems to be imbued with political views (just a passing hint in FAM, but pretty clear in TAM). From his autobiography I feel he might have more sympathy with one portrayal rather than the other.

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Iíd probably like more spectacle, or at least more about accomplishments than personal drama. I agree about not finding the characters that engaging, some I found downright annoying. To me it feels like some episodes are wasted on personal drama, sometimes hardly relevant to the story of expanding into space. Thatís just not what I wanted or expected. Foundation is doing something similar.

Yes, I was amused that, for instance, Ted Kennedy avoided Chappaquiddick, how that affected his career and in turn the space program. There were some other amusing shifts too. On goofs, early in the second season they have a lunar sunrise that makes no sense at all, especially being near the pole, but it looks nice. I think it is meant to call back to 2001. (It is a very quick sunrise, when it would be far slower even on the equator and it didnít make sense for the location). I agree there are bits that are reasonably accurate and I like those parts.

I have mixed feelings about the show. I binged a good number of episodes over a couple days but I took an extended break. I stopped early in the second season but plan to get back to it soon.
    Agreed about the characterization. some of the characters are added solely for the purpose of adding that interpersonal drama that audiences today seem so addicted to and can't do without (personally I blame the CW network for this).

But overall I find the show manages to present the concept of "What if the space race never ended?" in a mostly realistic and well written manner that should leave the viewers pondering what could have been (especially the finale of the second season).